Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Imitation may be the sincerest form of flattery but it's also ticking me off!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My sisters and mother are so... IDK... miserable, maybe? that whatever I wants to do or have, or wherever I want to go, they're going to do it or have it or go there, and it's getting to me, I admit, although I'd never tell them.

For example, I said I wanted to go to the beach, rent a place for the week, and have a nice family vacation. They all got together and did that, without telling me a thing about it until they were back with their sunburns and pictures. Then when one of them asked me what I was going to do on the other day when I was off, I said I was going to get my haircut, but the weather turned really scary so I stayed home. They all three went out and got their hair cut that day.

Now I'm going to see them this week because my brothers have a birthday and we're going to have a party for them and I'm trying to find a way to ready myself for the onslaught of stupidity.

Do you have imitators like this in your life, too? How do/would you handle this?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Replies (21-30):
Roo1234
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Your best defense is to not share with them anything until after you have done it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:01 PM
My sister-in-law is like that. Every time I get pregnant, she suddenly mentions she's been trying for months to get pregnant, when I know otherwise from previous things she's told me. I like to refer to people like that as sociopaths. They are so desperate to fit in, they try to become the person. Single white female shit.

Quoting Anonymous:

Creepy! I have a friend who copies off of me. She gets pregnant everytime I do!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:05 PM
2 moms liked this

how are they imitating? you did nothing and they did something.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I agree, she also bought the same exact car as me. Same color with same extras. She also moved on the same street as me. She named her DD Sophia because I said I loved the name but didn't want to use it because it was popular. She also named her son after my husband same first and middle

Quoting Anonymous:

My sister-in-law is like that. Every time I get pregnant, she suddenly mentions she's been trying for months to get pregnant, when I know otherwise from previous things she's told me. I like to refer to people like that as sociopaths. They are so desperate to fit in, they try to become the person. Single white female shit.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Weird. She's not claiming your dh is the dad or anything, right? Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree, she also bought the same exact car as me. Same color with same extras. She also moved on the same street as me. She named her DD Sophia because I said I loved the name but didn't want to use it because it was popular. She also named her son after my husband same first and middle

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:16 PM

lol no. They said they respected and admired my husband and wanted to name him after her. Her husband is my husband's best friend. It's a weird situation and I have been avoiding her.

Quoting Anonymous:

Weird. She's not claiming your dh is the dad or anything, right? Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Yes, we have relatives like that. It's always over the dumbest stuff too. Like, we did some landscaping in our yard and they did the exact same landscaping in their yard. We bought a camp trailer and they bought a camp trailer. Every single vacation we take, they copy. The thing is, they do not make much money so they are always strapped. I hate hearing them complain about having no money but they copy everything we do. Hello! We can do it because we make 3x more money than you. I think that but would never say it, lol.

Closet_Case
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:25 PM
"I wanna be a stripper, or maybe a prostitute"

Couple days later mom and sisters are arrested for hooking it up.

Quoting VinVanMom:

Laugh and tell them I'm shaving my head.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:27 PM
3 moms liked this

My SIL is like that. It can be annoying. So I started saying things like "I'm going to dye my hair blue" or "I'm going to get my lip pierced" and she will go do it. It was really funny when I told her I was going to get a tattoo. I showed her a picture of stick people (you know like the ones people put on their cars) that was supposed to be DH, Me, DS, DD and the dog. I told her I was going to go get it on my next day off. The next time I saw her she had gotten that tattoo of her family. We all laughed at her and told her it was the dumbest tattoo we had ever seen. She was so mad. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:28 PM

While I would be pissed that they seem to follow thru with your thoughts, plans, and ideas I want to know why they never seem to invite you?

Sounds like theres more to this than you're saying.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN