Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ideas ladies?

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:15 PM
  • 7 Replies
Its been over the 100's out where I live. We have no AC so were dealing with the heat with just a fan. I've been making late dinners because of it. I don't want to use the oven or stove whatsoever during the day. it makes it much much worse for us.

So any ideas on what to make for dinner? I don't mind if I have to use the top stove but as long as I'm not having it on to long.

Any simple recipes?
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Fish tacos. Get a frozen bag of the fish fillets from a store, soft tortilla shells, and a few avocados. Cook the fish fillets in some olive oil with adobo seasoning, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper until done (just a few minutes on each side. Tear fish into chunks and roll into tortillas with slices of avocado. Serve with maybe macaroni salad or some other refrigerated side.
smcnee
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:20 PM
the crock pot will be your friend! I love mine during the summer, almost to the point where I want more than one!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I would get a pre roasted chicken from the grocery store and you can make lots of things with that. Pasta sauce with chicken, quesadillas, tacos, fajitas, sandwiches etc!

hazel1922
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:24 PM
My family and I don't like fish. but thanks for the suggestion.

Quoting The_Doodle:

Fish tacos. Get a frozen bag of the fish fillets from a store, soft tortilla shells, and a few avocados. Cook the fish fillets in some olive oil with adobo seasoning, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper until done (just a few minutes on each side. Tear fish into chunks and roll into tortillas with slices of avocado. Serve with maybe macaroni salad or some other refrigerated side.
hazel1922
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:25 PM
I love my crock pot as well. but I think I've used it to much and now it isnt heating to good :(

Quoting smcnee:

the crock pot will be your friend! I love mine during the summer, almost to the point where I want more than one!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:29 PM

tacos, taco salad, burritos

Chicken salad, grilled chicken sandwiches, chicken ceasor salad,

hot dogs, bratwurst, smoked sausages

pasta salad, potato salad

I live in the desert and hate turning on the oven.

Omd12
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:35 PM
I make fried rice with chicken strips that are precooked - rice I cooked in the rice cooker
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured