Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you ever left your baby?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Wednesday my husband and I are leaving to go to the keys for 5 days. We are leaving our 2.5 yo with my mil. But I'm scared to death of leaving him because I don't know how he will handle his mommy and daddy raving for that long. I'm so worried. Have you eve left your young child like this?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Replies (11-20):
disneymom2two
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:46 PM

We left our son when he was 2 to go on a cruise.  It was my college graduation and our 5th anniversary present from my mom.  We didn't think it'd be a good vacation for a kid so we went on our own; it was for 4 days.  We had fun but I missed him SO much.  He was well taken care of and he had a great time but it was still hard for me.

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Yes I have left my babies several times while they were growing up.

Kaseyrose21
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Really? This is the first time you have left him? DD is almost 1 and my parents have watched her many times. At least twice a month. And once it was for 7 days. We need breaks.

Have fun on your vacation! I love the keys!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:48 PM
My son was 3 when I first left on my own solo trip... I was wreck and realized I was making my dh miserable... I relaxed and called everyday... Now my second child is 1 and my oldest 6 and we're going on vacation this weekend on our own... Mil hasn't been alone with the kids yet so it'll be hard at first but I'm sure everything will be fine
MamaDee83
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I have not left my kids for that long when they were so little..... I don't have any advice, but try and enjoy yourself since you are going?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:50 PM
I worry about how well my child will be cared for. Accidents happen, and I would be afraid he/she wouldn't be supervised well enough. Five days is a long time!
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:50 PM

He will be fine.  Have fun.

Melbornj
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:50 PM

No not even my older children for that length of time.

tiniowien
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:51 PM

My honey moon was for 4 days. At home but MIL had my daughter, she's four she was fine. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:51 PM

My baby left me....lol. She was 4.5 months old and FIL took her on an airplane halfway across the country to visit his parents. I was a wreck when we dropped them off at the airport...I cried the whole way home and then the rest of the day. She was fine though and that helped me loosen up a bit and she and my other kids have stayed with people since they were babies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN