Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you ever left your baby?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Wednesday my husband and I are leaving to go to the keys for 5 days. We are leaving our 2.5 yo with my mil. But I'm scared to death of leaving him because I don't know how he will handle his mommy and daddy raving for that long. I'm so worried. Have you eve left your young child like this?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Replies (191-199):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 41 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:24 AM

Nope, and my oldest is 10 1/2 years old.  We enjoy taking our kids on vacation with us.  If we wanted to vacation without kids then we wouldn't have had any kids.

livric
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:26 AM

As long as he is close to MIL it should not be a problem.  Just make sure you have your phone on you.  have fun :)

jacsmama022
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:44 AM
DD has spent the night with my mom for 2 nights. I was used to just one night so by the second, I was missing her bad. But I knew she was in great hands so I didn't worry.
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:47 AM
My dd was 5 the first time she spent one night away, and I jumped at the chance! Its not that I didn't want her to go sooner, that was our first chance.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:12 AM

I would have loved to take him with me but my husband's boss is paying for the trip so dh will have to work a little plus we are using ths as our honeymoon from when we got married 2 months ago

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope, and my oldest is 10 1/2 years old.  We enjoy taking our kids on vacation with us.  If we wanted to vacation without kids then we wouldn't have had any kids.

wexfordmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Yes. We left our 14 month old son with my parents for a week to go on a Disney cruise with dh's family in 2009. We knew it wouldn't work out taking a child that young on a cruise so they offered to watch him for a week. It was nice b/c we could focus on our then 4 year old son.

beachbunni307
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:34 AM
I have left my 16 month old overnight once, with my mom. We will be leaving him for 3 nights in sept. for a wedding...again with my mom. My mom is the only person I will leave him overnight with.
Nunyabusiness
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:39 AM

We left our daughter when she was 2 1/2 for 4 days to go to a wedding in Washington D.C. She had so much fun she barely noticed we were even gone. I think I did worse than her! haha

junebaby11
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Haven't even left my dd overnight yet shes 2 I just cant :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN