Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you ever left your baby?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Wednesday my husband and I are leaving to go to the keys for 5 days. We are leaving our 2.5 yo with my mil. But I'm scared to death of leaving him because I don't know how he will handle his mommy and daddy raving for that long. I'm so worried. Have you eve left your young child like this?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Meh he isn't a baby he will be fine....maybe miss you but otherwise I'm fine
Cozie_Sisika458
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:51 PM
I left my oldest back when he was 4 for 4 days when I went to NYC.

I'm a tattooed, free spirited, CIO, circumcision, delayed vax, pro-life, anti flu shot, hiking, beach bum, early potty training, snuggling, video gaming, art therapy, natural remedies, natural health, Jesus is my home boy, Artist, sarcastic mom!

Kara242
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:52 PM
My dh and I went to Hawaii for a week in April. Was the first time I had ever left my almost 8 yr old over night and longest I had ever been away from my girls. They all had school and my aunt kept them so busy that they didn't have time to miss me.
ShaniahsMama
by Asian persuasion on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:54 PM
My oldest stays at my moms every weekend. And she will be going to Valdosta with my parents in 3 weeks for a weekend trip. I'm looking forward to that. Lol. It's an 8 hr ride but I'm sure she will be fine.
boysrjoys2
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:55 PM
I had to leave my oldest for more than a week when he was a month old because I ended up with complications with blood clots and gal bladder at the same time and they wouldn't let him stay in the hospital with me. It was hell for me.
ecerka
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Longest for me was 2 days when She was 9 months old and it was for surgery and I had to stay and it was a 4 hour 1 way drive. It sucked. Now that She's 3 I'd leave for a week and be OK lol:)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:01 PM

I have and it gets easier the more times  you are away from your child/children.

When my DD was in daycare and got sick but I couldn't miss school (she was constantly sick ) she went to stay with my in-laws for a week on multiple occations. She would come back better, I would make sure she was better for at least 48 hours before sending her back to daycare, and I would send her to daycare and they would call me within a few hours saying she was sick I had to come get her . It was ridiculous. I hated it but it didn't phase her. She was 2 at the time. She ended up spending a total of 5 weeks with my in-laws spread out over that winter because there was so much sickness at her daycare and every time she would walk in the door she would get a fever and be sent home.

We recently left the kids with my in-laws for a week so they could go to Bible School each evening with their great grandma who lives next door to my in-laws. There was no way we could afford to drive them out/back each evening. DD is now 4 1/2 and DS is 2. They regularly spend the weekend or a couple days a week with my in-laws and their great grandma. It gives DH and I time to relax and spend time together uninterupted and really connect again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Never that long, but I wouldn't have an issue with it as long as I trusted the person I was leaving him with. I have a few people that I trust to watch DS for a few hours or have him stay the night (not requiring much attention) and I have a few I could trust to watch him for a week. Sadly my husband's schedule is whacked out so we've always opted to take vacations as a family.

It will be fine! Relax and enjoy your time with your hubby. :)
kzuehlk
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:06 PM
My son started spending the night at my mom's house when he was 7 months old. He's 3 now and she has been picking him up for any where from a weekend to a couple weeks since then. He loves his grandma and always begs to go there
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuthernBelleo0o
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:07 PM

we will be leaving out 1 year old with my mother and mother in law for the same amount of time to go to the keys in August. I'm really sad about it and I dont want to. Im feeling really nervous and anxious about it, plus im scared because its gonna be a 15 hour drive and ill be 17 weeks pregnant. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)