Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you ever left your baby?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Wednesday my husband and I are leaving to go to the keys for 5 days. We are leaving our 2.5 yo with my mil. But I'm scared to death of leaving him because I don't know how he will handle his mommy and daddy raving for that long. I'm so worried. Have you eve left your young child like this?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:12 PM
No but my best friend will be deploying in August and her daughter will be 6 months and left with my bffs dad I don't know how she's gonna do it. The baby will be walking and talking when her and her dh return from Afghanistan
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Lol not exactly this is half vacation half business trip for my husband so he will be working a little

Quoting Anonymous:

You guys are going to be raving for 5 days. Holy crap!!!!

latopmom
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:23 PM
I left my daughter with exhusband along with the help of his 1st cousin when she was 18mths to go on a 4 day cruise with my friends. I missed her terribly but she enjoyed herself with her family. She doesn't even remember it.
mom2one29
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:25 PM

I havent left my 2 year old overnight yet. Truth to be told its harder on the parents than the child.

mommieof38829
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Yes when he was 3 month he stayed with a friend because I had to have emergency surgery to replace my kidney stent then again @5 months when I had to have kidney surgery but he stayed with my Dh. Other than that no.
cindilou13
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:28 PM

DH and I went on a week long vacation by ourselves when my DS was just over 2.  He stayed at my parents part of it and my husbands parents part of it.  My mother in law was our primary babysitter, and he was comfortable with all of them, so no problems for him, although we were certainly glad to see each other upon our return. 

He stayed with my parents and my in laws on occasion starting about 10 months old, for one night.   With my parents especially they didn't get to see him that much because of their schedules, so when they would they would offer to keep him overnight so they could see him more and I could have a relaxing night too. 

I think if you have people you trust and that he is comfortable with it will be fine.  And I believe if you never ever let them go/you go anywhere, the older they get the harder it will be when you do it the first time.  I always thought it was a good idea to get the kids used to spending the night with family on occasion...what if there was an emergency and they needed to for whatever reason?  By doing it on occasion they don't see it as a scary or unusual occurence.

lalalamama
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:31 PM
I did. I left my 2 1/2 yr old with my parents for about 5 days while the packers and movers were there for our move ( would've preferred going to the keys!)
It went fine. We stressed that HE WAS GOING ON VACATION WITH GRANDMA! YOOPIE! I sent him with a recording of me telling him his favourite bedtime story and singing his favourite song. Think I missed him more then he missed me.....
supercarp
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:37 PM

When my youngest was 1 1/2 we went to Germany for 10 days. My parents watched the kids for the first 5 days and my inlaws came for the last 5 days. Fun was had by all. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Yes I have.   And it was wonderful for everybody.

Relationship with the spouse is very important

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:41 PM

My kids stayed at the grandparents for two weeks at ages 3 and 5.    They didn't stop talking about how much fun they had and wanted to do it again.     And it was a great vacation for the hubby and me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)