Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Positive pregnancy test 5 weeks postpartum...?! ETA *Update

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:41 PM
  • 533 Replies
23 moms liked this

Please tell me this is probably leftover hcg from my pregnancy that just ended....?!

DH and I started having sex at 13 days postpartum (I had no rips or tears or anything so it didn't take long for me to heal). But we have only had sex maybe 6 or 7 times in the last 3 weeks and he pulled out every time ... and he ALWAYS got it out in time... no leaks. lol. I know that isn't 100% reliable but STILL....!

Here is the test I took today. It is a Walmart 88 cent test. It looks darker and more pink in person. Def not an evap line.

When I called the doc's office I asked the nurse if it could be leftover hcg from the pregnancy that just ended and she just said "Ehhhh.... maybe." But she didn't sound too optimistic that that is the case : /

I have to go in for blood work today and then again in 3 days to check HCG levels.

**I just went and got blood drawn. They won't have the results til tomorrow though. They are gonna do a qualitative and then if that is positive they are gonna do a quantitative and repeat it in 3 days. Keep your fingers crossed for me that A) It is just leftover hcg or B) This was a faulty test! I am so nervous : /

The blood test was NEGATIVE! Hallelujah! Now I'm gonna go invest in some condoms! lol

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Sheeeeesh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:42 PM
58 moms liked this
Why in Sam Hell would you use the pullout method?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:42 PM
29 moms liked this

you are most fertile right after you give birth

which is part of the reason they recommend waiting 6 weeks....

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this
No it woudnt be positive for that long. You should know how this works by now right? If you arent ebf(and sometimes if you are too) you r very fertile after having a baby. Go see your dr
itzasmommy
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

not good. very dangerous... i think... lol your body needs a year to heal... again i think 

PinkHart
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Possible for both cases. Left over or new pregnancy. The hcg usually clears by 6 wks pp. But it's entirely possible to get pregnant so soon after delivery.
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:43 PM
2 moms liked this
Aren't you more fertile right after a baby?
Mom2five87
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:44 PM
6 moms liked this
Quoting Litlmama87:

Why in Sam Hell would you use the pullout method?
Idk. Because I'm an idiot...? lol

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

mattiehatter
by Mary on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:44 PM
2 moms liked this
It's possible that the pull out method failed you. Sperm still leak from the penis even when the man is nowhere close to ejaculation. Keep testing.
EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:44 PM
22 moms liked this
I think the person who invented the pullout method was probably trolling. Congratulations, you have Irish Twins!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)