Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Positive pregnancy test 5 weeks postpartum...?! ETA *Update

Posted by   + Show Post

Please tell me this is probably leftover hcg from my pregnancy that just ended....?!

DH and I started having sex at 13 days postpartum (I had no rips or tears or anything so it didn't take long for me to heal). But we have only had sex maybe 6 or 7 times in the last 3 weeks and he pulled out every time ... and he ALWAYS got it out in time... no leaks. lol. I know that isn't 100% reliable but STILL....!

Here is the test I took today. It is a Walmart 88 cent test. It looks darker and more pink in person. Def not an evap line.

When I called the doc's office I asked the nurse if it could be leftover hcg from the pregnancy that just ended and she just said "Ehhhh.... maybe." But she didn't sound too optimistic that that is the case : /

I have to go in for blood work today and then again in 3 days to check HCG levels.

**I just went and got blood drawn. They won't have the results til tomorrow though. They are gonna do a qualitative and then if that is positive they are gonna do a quantitative and repeat it in 3 days. Keep your fingers crossed for me that A) It is just leftover hcg or B) This was a faulty test! I am so nervous : /

The blood test was NEGATIVE! Hallelujah! Now I'm gonna go invest in some condoms! lol

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Replies (101-110):
firemouse23
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Sounds like Irish twins to me...looks like it from your test up there too

FirstTimeMama21
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Congrats on being a Fertile Myrtle!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2five87
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Right now.

Quoting WannaBeMom2013:

What time are you going in? Im curious :P Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Mobile Photo

Stupid stamp!!
crumpy_gat
by No. on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:07 PM
13 days? Good lord.
rellasmommy
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Hope your backseat is big enough for 2 carseats ;)

amyleigh80
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:08 PM
How about not have sex??? LMAO!!!!!

Quoting weezer_cookie:

You have to be exclusively breastfeeding around the clock. There's a few other very specific things you have to do.. I can't remember them off the top of my head.

Quoting Maks1mommy:

I might sound really stupid, but I didn't think you could get pregnant if you don't have a period...? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I'd never trust this.

I BFed my first for 20 hours a day, and my period returned at 5 weeks.

My second wasn't on the nipple quite as frequently, but again, menses returned right away.

I feel like a woman would have to be crazy to trust breastfeeding as a form of birth control.

Quoting weezer_cookie:

You have to be exclusively breastfeeding around the clock. There's a few other very specific things you have to do.. I can't remember them off the top of my head.

Quoting Maks1mommy:

I might sound really stupid, but I didn't think you could get pregnant if you don't have a period...? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I think the "pull out method" should be renamed the "lets make a baby method".

Mom2five87
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Quoting locaporbebe:

Out of curiosity why did you take a test? 

Last Monday I had twinges on my right side (ovary) and then Tuesday I had twinges of pain on the left side (other ovary) so I thought maybe I was ovulating. I thought it was a little soon but anything is possible... And then, starting 3 days ago, I started having creamy lotiony white cm like I had at the beginning of my last pregnancy. So today I just felt like I should test.. just to be sure. So if I did ovulate I would be around 7 dpo which is how far along I was when I got a faint positive with my last pregnancy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)