Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Positive pregnancy test 5 weeks postpartum...?! ETA *Update

Posted by   + Show Post

Please tell me this is probably leftover hcg from my pregnancy that just ended....?!

DH and I started having sex at 13 days postpartum (I had no rips or tears or anything so it didn't take long for me to heal). But we have only had sex maybe 6 or 7 times in the last 3 weeks and he pulled out every time ... and he ALWAYS got it out in time... no leaks. lol. I know that isn't 100% reliable but STILL....!

Here is the test I took today. It is a Walmart 88 cent test. It looks darker and more pink in person. Def not an evap line.

When I called the doc's office I asked the nurse if it could be leftover hcg from the pregnancy that just ended and she just said "Ehhhh.... maybe." But she didn't sound too optimistic that that is the case : /

I have to go in for blood work today and then again in 3 days to check HCG levels.

**I just went and got blood drawn. They won't have the results til tomorrow though. They are gonna do a qualitative and then if that is positive they are gonna do a quantitative and repeat it in 3 days. Keep your fingers crossed for me that A) It is just leftover hcg or B) This was a faulty test! I am so nervous : /

The blood test was NEGATIVE! Hallelujah! Now I'm gonna go invest in some condoms! lol

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Replies (131-140):
Lottie925
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:19 PM

lol

Good luck!

Quoting Mom2five87:

Quoting Litlmama87:

Why in Sam Hell would you use the pullout method?
Idk. Because I'm an idiot...? lol

vvinkyloafer
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Giving birth was enough birth control for me.

That sucks, man.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Just like in the movie Idiocracy.

Quoting Mom2five87:

Quoting Litlmama87:

Why in Sam Hell would you use the pullout method?
Idk. Because I'm an idiot...? lol

happymomma13
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:19 PM
2 moms liked this
I had creamy, lotiony white discharge with my pregnancy too. In the beginning. That's how I found out. Haha.

I think you should just listen to the blood work. That'll let you know. The home tests are a guess right now given you recently giving birth.

I read where you mentioned that abortion and adoption don't exist to you and your husband...... I like that. I'm glad you are willing to care for the lives you create.
I'm happy knowing if you are pregnant, your new baby will be loved by you. (:

For your sake, I hope you're not pregnant because I think your body will really be shocked. I believe in giving it atleast 6 months.
I was ready to have one ASAP after my first.
My dd is 5 months, so I'm gonna wait a little longer.

But I hope the best for you and your ever growing family.

Quoting Mom2five87:

Quoting happymomma13:

What prompted you to take a pregnancy test so soon? Did you miss a period?

Last Monday I had twinges on my right side (ovary) and then Tuesday I had twinges of pain on the left side (other ovary) so I thought maybe I was ovulating. I thought it was a little soon but anything is possible...

And then, starting 3 days ago, I started having creamy lotiony white cm like I had at the beginning of my last pregnancy. So today I just felt like I should test.. just to be sure.

So if I did ovulate I would be around 7 dpo which is how far along I was when I got a faint positive with my last pregnancy.

Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:20 PM

I would NEVER use the pull out method. We are WAY too fertile to play that game.

Lottie925
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Are you Irish? Because it looks like you're havig Irish Twins!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:21 PM
You're gonna be mom to more than 5 (assuming this last one was number 5) I couldn't imagine being pregnant ao soon! Good luck!!
o.O....
by Cara on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Your ego is prego.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Wait you have five kids already?????
adhaodd1child
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeppers by now any that is left over would be gone and you wouldnt get a positive. You probably got pregnant off of pre-cum, and it probably happened the first few time you all had sex, since you are the most fertile next time use condoms or no sex at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured