Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The Paula Deen Incident: What You Should Know Before Defending Her

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

http://www.blacklegalissues.com/Article_Details.aspx?artclid=7dfdbe0461

Paula Deen, while planning her brother's wedding in 2007, was asked what look the wedding should have. She replied, "I want a true southern plantation-style wedding." When asked what type of uniforms the servers should wear, Paula stated, "well what I would really like is a bunch of little n*ggers to wear long-sleeve white shirts, black shorts and black bow ties, you know in the Shirley Temple days, they used to tap dance around;

Black staff had to use the back entrance to enter and leave restaurant;

Black staff could only use one bathroom;

Black staff couldn’t work the front of the restaurants;

Brother Bubba stated his wishes: “ I wish I could put all those n*ggers in the kitchen on a boat to Africa”;

Bubba asked a black driver and security guard "don’t you wish you could rub all the black off you and be like me? You just look dirty; I bet you wish you could." The guy told Bubba he was fine as is;

Bubba on President Obama: they should send him to the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, so he could n*gger-rig it;

He shook an employee (Black again) and said” F your civil rights…you work for me and my sister Paula Deen;

Paula’s son Jaime's best friend managed the Lady & Sons restaurant. He threatened to fire all the 'Monkeys' in the kitchen. When Paula found out…she slapped him on the wrist and suggested that the employee visited Paula's $13,000,000 mansion so he felt special and could be massaged. - See more at: http://www.blacklegalissues.com/Article_Details.aspx?artclid=7dfdbe0461#sthash.2tN6iGZD.dpuf

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Replies (11-20):
.stella.
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:38 PM
12 moms liked this

What about famous rappers and such talking about white people? Are they getting sued and dropped from their labels? Bet not.

LectioDivina
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:38 PM

So it seems like the brother is the problem...let not give the brother a show...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:38 PM

so all this is coming out now? yeah I dont believe it....people like to jump on the bandwagon...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Whatever get over it
Wickedawesome88
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I still like her....
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh well, it's ok for blacks to say yo nigga what's up, but no one else can? I am a white woman and say it daily...what's the problem?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:40 PM

so she is to be held responsible for what "Bubba" wanted for his wedding this many years later and the words she said 20 years ago??

Rhodin
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:40 PM
That's much worse than what I read a couple days ago. I'm still going to score a rooster cutting board at Big Lots if the company doesn't just pulp all of them.
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Over what her brother says? Um how so?

Quoting Anonymous:

She has majority ownership.

Quoting hautemama83:

So, ok after reading that, wouldn't the issue be her brother not her? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:40 PM
While I don't agree with the use of the word.... Are they going to go after everyone that has said it? It's VERY common in music lyrics. Why is that ok?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)