Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

foodstamp question *not beating a dead horse

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
I hvae been trying to.get it since the begining of May. My dh lost his job. Then at the end of may i lost mine. They lost my paperwork twice then my case worker called and asked if anything in our case had changed since we applied the beginning of may and i said ya im not working now. So i had to fax in paperwork about that today. If it wasnt for.my dad getting us groceries we would have starved by now. Has anyone else had this much trouble?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:34 PM

It is hard.  They need to verify your income(or lack of income).

Leigh84
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:36 PM
I'm sorry you guys are having a hard time. I hope you get back on your feet soon.
ff-princess
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:37 PM
I understand it's pretty standard to get the run-around in the hopes you'll drop it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:38 PM
It's a pain in the ass really. They don't send you important notices in time, lose your paperwork, claim they never got paperwork that you personally put into their hands 4 times... jeez, I'm glad for the help, but the system is seriously flawed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Wait, your husband hasn't been working since may?
aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Do you mail in copies or go down there and had it in ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:40 PM
It has only been 2, months. Sometimes it take time to find another job.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wait, your husband hasn't been working since may?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:43 PM
First i mailed because they said you have to mwil it now. Then thry said they lost it. Several weeks later. So then i did it in person. Waited again and the office lost it. Then my caseworker calls friday she magically found it and now they want another form and she gave me her fax number to send it to her today which i did

Quoting aprilsalcro:

aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:45 PM
I'm sorry I hope she hurries up and does what she needs for you can get approved.

Quoting Anonymous:

First i mailed because they said you have to mwil it now. Then thry said they lost it. Several weeks later. So then i did it in person. Waited again and the office lost it. Then my caseworker calls friday she magically found it and now they want another form and she gave me her fax number to send it to her today which i did

Quoting aprilsalcro:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:48 PM
that sucks. i applied the first day of jan. and got approved on the 12. had my card by the 17th.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)