Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What Would You Do??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
My husband works out of town and stays in hotels Monday through Friday. I am four and a half months pregnant and throughout the pregnancy all of my test results have been perfect. Until now. Last week I saw the OB and just got the call today telling me I tested positive for an STI that I didn't have at my last visit. He is the only person I have slept with. How do I confront him?? What would you do???
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:13 PM
I would wait and see what the doctor had to say. if it's HPV or any of a number of other things, it could lay dormant for years before showing. but why would he test you for sexually transmitted diseases at every visit?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:31 PM
It hasn't been every visit, just the first, which he said was routine, and I was seen at the hospital for earlier problems and they ran a full serious of tests including for STIs and it all came back normal. All I meant was that everything has been clean so far. And the doctor already informed me of what I came back positive with. I just don't know how to confront my husband...

Quoting ff-princess:

I would wait and see what the doctor had to say. if it's HPV or any of a number of other things, it could lay dormant for years before showing. but why would he test you for sexually transmitted diseases at every visit?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:33 PM
I would casually mention it to him and see what he says.
Perfect.Pixie
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:34 PM
2 moms liked this
Bust him. Go to his hotel.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:37 PM
How do I bring it up off hand so hell talk about it?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:38 PM

what STI is it? a lot of stuff lays dormant for years and then all of a sudden pops up. its very possible it could have been something you caught years ago and is just now showing up. I wouldn't confront your husband. just sit him down and talk to him and tell him. you should be able to tell by his reaction if its something you caught from him recently or not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Just say you got some test results back.
You: hey sweetie how's work going? Oh things are ok here. Doctor called today, he/she got test results back. I tested positive for an sti. Everything else looks good though. Weight gain is good. So what are you up to?

Quoting Anonymous:

How do I bring it up off hand so hell talk about it?

Quoting Anonymous:

redhead-bedhead
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I would text him to come get his Shit out of my house.
Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Is STI like STD? which one?

RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:41 PM
I would be camping out in the parking lot of his hotel and waiting for him to let in his little play date.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)