Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tube top for a 10 year old?

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:17 PM
  • 125 Replies
3 moms liked this
Some girl came up with her small brother to ask my DDs age (9 months) and her name etc...we're at a restaurant. This child had her breasts hanging out of her tube top (sleeveless shirt) and had very very low cut shorts on. I asked "and what's your name and how old are you?" She told her name and said she was 10. She left. I'm sorry but I felt that was extremely inappropriate for her age!! Everything she owned and possessed was hanging out and it's too advanced dressing for her age.

Am I over reacting or what.
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lmscm
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:22 AM
4 moms liked this
I don't think little girls should wear anything that shows off their body.
ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:25 AM
9 moms liked this
My clothing standards for my children rival those of a Catholic school. there's not a snowball's chance in hell one of them would be wearing a tube top while living at home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:25 AM
8 moms liked this

It wasn't your daughter, so it isn't any of your concern...at that age, some girls don't have breast to worry about yet, and others have more than an adult...each child SHOULD dress for their body type, but if their parents are ok with what they are wearing, then it is time for you to not judge, and finish dinner. Maybe the little girl is innocent and didn't realise yet that her body can be seen as sexual while she is developing into a young lady..

Crafty8852
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:28 AM
2 moms liked this

My 10yo isn't allowed to wear a tube top and she doesn't even have breasts yet. Her bathingsuit is a 2pc with shorts and a tank top lol. Personally, I won't let her wear anything she might have a "wardrobe malfunction" in.

LandonsMom63009
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:30 AM
2 moms liked this
I agree with you to a point but I see the OPs concern. The little girl probably doesn't see herself in a sexual manner, however that doesn't stop perverts from seeing her that way, and it's sad that her parents don't realize that clothing is more than a fashion statement.
SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:31 AM
2 moms liked this

I wore tube tops and halters at 10 ... they were the "thing" then. Apparently they (tube tops) have made a come back.

Of course, at 10, I was pretty much still flat. Didn't develop until about 12 and then it was like an explosion ... BOOM! ... there they were! Didn't wear halters any longer and tube tops soon went the same way ... 

QuirkyMom26
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Sad

KaylinC03
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:31 AM
I didn't even know they made tube tops for children.
dancer
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this

tube top?   They still make those?  I wore those when I was a kid.  I wore them in my house or on the porch.  Those tops are way too old for a nine year old.  They girl is going to be meeting the kind of boys who only want one thing!

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:32 AM
2 moms liked this

Depends on the tube top I think anything can be appropriate but it is how it is worn and they style. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)