Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Medical bill advice

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies

My dh had surgery in March. We owe the hospital 450 dollars. I thought we could make 25 dollar payments but we cant. I cant get a job and dh is laid off what should I do? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RoryPond
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:46 PM

why cant you get a job?

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Call the hospital and see if they have a program to help with medical bills??  Sometimes, hospitals have funding set aside if you meet income requirements.  If not, call and see if the monthly payments can be reduced?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:50 PM

I got a job in November and got fired. I found out the police department made a mistake and they fixed the mistake.I got another job in May. I went to the police department and checked my records and they were clean. I get a letter saying I am denied a job because the error was still in the courts. I disputed the record and went to court  amd got the error fixed. Now I have a clean record and no job. I look for jobs all the time and I am in the state that is the hardest to get a job in. 

Quoting RoryPond:

why cant you get a job?

lowencope
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:50 PM
You can too make payments and ill bet they cash your check. They just want you to pay in full.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I had insurance when we got dh's surgery but we are really broke now and are barely making it. We are going on food stamps until we get a job. I know PA is horrible but this situation was not my fault.

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

Call the hospital and see if they have a program to help with medical bills??  Sometimes, hospitals have funding set aside if you meet income requirements.  If not, call and see if the monthly payments can be reduced?

Marimaru
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Pay what you can.  they aren't going to send the checks back.

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Just call, they'll take whatever you can give them!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:52 PM

If they won't except your legal tender, the debt should be canceled.  Tell them that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:52 PM

I had a payment plan but 25 right now is expensive. The only luxury we have is internet and thats because we are looking for jobs or that would get cut too.

Quoting lowencope:

You can too make payments and ill bet they cash your check. They just want you to pay in full.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:53 PM

No, she literally can't make the payments.  Neither one of them work.  I have no idea how they pay rent, electricity, food or what.  Medical bills should be the least of their worries. 

Quoting lowencope:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured