Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The things these kids say!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies
Ok so I'm at the market and this little girl no more than 9 or 10 kept saying this word
"ratchet" I was like wtf is ratchet so the cashier said it like the worst of worst. So I decided to google it.

ratchet
1. adj. wild, crazy, out of control. "These girls out here are so ratchet; they will do anything for money." 2. n. slang for a gun derived from using the word "tool" for a gun. "I had to pull out the ratchet when those fools was actin’ up."

Are your children coming home using slang words? I ask my daughter and she never even heard of this word. So far the only slang she has said is "bible" which means I swear or I'm telling the truth. What have you ladies heard either from your children or just in general?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ff-princess
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:18 PM

when my oldest comes up with something I don't understand, I consult urbandictionary.com.  that usually tells me more than I wanted to know.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:22 PM
It's so funny my mom said when she was young a girl who had multiple sex partners was called a "mattress back" cuz she always laying on her back. Lol times have def change..

Quoting ff-princess:

when my oldest comes up with something I don't understand, I consult urbandictionary.com.  that usually tells me more than I wanted to know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)