Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My monthly bills..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I am looking for some ways to cut back on our monthly bills to save a little bit more money.

Here are my bills:

Nationwide (two cars covered) $115.00/monthly

Sprint: $140.00 ..two phones

Comcast: 99/month..which is Internet and Cable

Mortgage: 741.00+50 HOA

Car Payment: 315.74 a month

Water: 47.00

Electric: 140 a month

Credit card: 100 a month ( total debt on card is 780)

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:07 PM

bump

Foolynroo2
If you are reading this - I think you're a Cunt
Wednesday at 9:12 PM
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:07 PM

I live in NJ 1000 sq ft home

Quoting Anonymous:

WOW! where do you live?

I live in GA. in a 2k square foot home

Quoting Foolynroo2:

I pay more in  mortgage than the sum off ALL your bills.

Quoting Anonymous:

lol my bills SUCK!

Quoting Foolynroo2:

Wish I had your bills!!!

Tmobile you can do two phones for less than that, also doing the cricket type of thing you can do less too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Theres your difference.

NJ and GA.

GA sucks lol

Quoting Foolynroo2:

I live in NJ 1000 sq ft home

Quoting Anonymous:

WOW! where do you live?

I live in GA. in a 2k square foot home

Quoting Foolynroo2:

I pay more in  mortgage than the sum off ALL your bills.

Quoting Anonymous:

lol my bills SUCK!

Quoting Foolynroo2:

Wish I had your bills!!!

Tmobile you can do two phones for less than that, also doing the cricket type of thing you can do less too.

katherinemcp
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:10 PM
My brother just got a Roku to try and get rid of cable- you could invest in a Roku, pay $8 a month for netflix or hulu, and ditch the cable all together. I've heard they'll say they can't do 'just internet', but of course they can!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katielovesyou21
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:11 PM

first you can get prepaid phones. second you can switch to another car insurance company and get liability only. Then cut off cable and use only internet. you can watch all the same stuff online. Water bill use less water electric use less electric. Credit card do not pay minimum you pay more that way Once the credit card is paid off cancel it. never use one again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:12 PM

We can't use prepaid phones, we are in a contract right now.

I can't switch to liability only, we have brand new cars and required to have full coverage.

Quoting katielovesyou21:

first you can get prepaid phones. second you can switch to another car insurance company and get liability only. Then cut off cable and use only internet. you can watch all the same stuff online. Water bill use less water electric use less electric. Credit card do not pay minimum you pay more that way Once the credit card is paid off cancel it. never use one again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Sometimes you can get out of cell phone contracts if the company makes a "fundamental change" in the contract. Google is your friend here. I once got DH and I out of our contracts due to a 20ยข change to one fee. You have a certain time frame to cancel, so google often. We wanted out of the contract but they did offer some big discounts if we stayed.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, we are in a contract, i think it's super expensive to break the contract..might be worth it though

Quoting elephantmamaof2:

I say phones first, we switched to virgin mobile. They use sprint towers, so it would be the same service you have now, except we now spend $80/ mth for both phones

mommykate4
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:19 PM

do u have interest free credit card debt or are they adding interest? one way I make money is paying all my bills on my credit card and then i collect points and get a check for money :)

Benjamins-mama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:28 PM
I would cut cable I would also go with those straight talk phones from walmart. you have to get the phones but after that it would be 80 bucks for 2 phones a month if you wanted unlimited everything. 60 for 1000 minutes of talk, text and internet we have netflix and hulu plus and thats about 16 total a month
Benjamins-mama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:30 PM
really? I have never had a company tell me that.
Quoting katherinemcp:

My brother just got a Roku to try and get rid of cable- you could invest in a Roku, pay $8 a month for netflix or hulu, and ditch the cable all together. I've heard they'll say they can't do 'just internet', but of course they can!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)