Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Question about being fat and pregnant...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
Serious question.

If you are over weight BECAUSE you:
Eat crap food daily (soda too)
Eat at all the wrong times
Eat too much (bad portion control)
And just aren't active...

WHAT IF a woman like that finds out she's pregnant and then
Eats nothing but super healthy food
Eats smaller meals throughout the day
Portion controls
Goes on daily walks and moves around

Would she still GAIN (fat) weight while pregnant?

I've always wondered this...
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Yes she can still gain weight even eating super healthy. She may lose weight as well. Each pregnancy is different so you never know till it happens.

adhaodd1child
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:52 PM

It depends on their activity level and how much of a change they really made, when I was pregnant I tried to eat better and I still gained weight but I also wasnt very active due to being sick the whole first six months.

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:53 PM

She can but usually she will remain the same or lose and then after the pregnancy within 2wks lose another 30lbs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:54 PM

This sounds like me.  I was overweight when I got pregnant( I had a bad diet and hated exercising) but while I was pregnant I craved fruits and veggies.  I ate very well while pregnant.  I also had extreme morning sickness during my first two trimesters.  When I delivered I was about 10 pounds over my start weight.

AnnieMcD
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:54 PM
I am exactly the woman's you describe. I lost a ton of weight in the beginning of my pregnancy. Gained some back through Bab growth and ended up 30lbs lighter that. I started when I finally had him. I started at 260, my low was about 225, went back up to about 245 when I had him and all the way down to like 230 or so after I had him.x
krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:57 PM
my aunt lost about 40# while pregnant and then another 40in the next 9mo. her dr was very proud since she was so overweight. the baby was almost 9# and about a week late very healthy. she did the healthy clean eating and walked every day. shes now at a healthy weight and were so.proud.
SuthernBelleo0o
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:01 PM

I was 265 not long before I got pregnant with DD in 2012 I started dieting and exercising and lost 20 lbs so that left me at 245. got pregnant with DD and gained and lost a little. I ended up weighing 245 when I had her. 2 weeks after I was 220. So I guess it depends on the person. I'm pregnant again and have already lost 2 lbs and I havent changed my diet or anything like that.

besosfantasies
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Actually doctors say while pregnant is when you get your nasty habits under control. Some may lose weight and only gain what the baby needs, some may gain weight. You never know until you're pregnant.

fivegirls333
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:02 PM

this happens quite often.  they can stay the same weight, lose weight, or gain a small amount of weight.  either way, it is such a great time to get healthy,  but so hard because you almost have a free pass...good friends help!

csxt99
by Jennifer on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:03 PM

I am fat.  When I was pregnant with my second kid, I was sick and puked the whole damn time.  I actually lost weight, quite a bit of weight.  It doesn't matter, though.  I was fat before pregnancy and am still fat many years later.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)