Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

nursing a newborn baby kitten

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:02 AM
  • 24 Replies

Mobile Photo

Today my best friend found this newborn baby kitten. She already has a very young puppy and didn't want it to die. She looked for the mama car but nothing. The kitten was place by the dumpster in her complex on a clean piece of fabric. Just dumped there. It's easily 108 heat index and it would have died. She brought the baby over and some formula. I ran to petco and picked up a kitten baby bottle set but I'm not sure if I'm doing anything right. I'm so worried that kitten isn't going to make it through the night. I can't even tell what sex it is. The umbilical cord is still in tact.... eyes still closed.

Please... please if you have dealt with this in the past please give me tips. How often do I feed it? Do I warm the milk? How much do I feed it? I've been calling it dippy for now. Short for Serendipity( pleasant surprise) help
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
macysmom
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Oh man.. At first glance I thought you meant breast feeding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JP-StrongForTwo
1 mom liked this

Its very easy! 

Go to the pet store. get 'PET' milk for kittens. and a small bottle, with a small nipple on it (they can help you find the right one) 

Its just like a human baby. Lots of love. lots of holding, and lots of feeding. 

Thankfully, kittens potty train themselves naturally as soon as they can walk lol. 

XJetX
Esbilac!! Not baby formula and no cows milk!!! Feed every two hours
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XJetX
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Depending on age, you may also have to wipe his bottom to get him to go to the bathroom. Mother cats lick them to stimulate that. I've raised baby kittens before.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bout-that-life
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Call a freakin vet and get that animal off your tit!
3kidsmom357
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Lol nope not breastfeeding it

Quoting macysmom:

Oh man.. At first glance I thought you meant breast feeding.

3kidsmom357
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:12 AM
I've got the milk and a little bottle. yeah I got gloves to rub it's bottom to make it use the bathroom

Quoting JP-StrongForTwo:

Its very easy! 

Go to the pet store. get 'PET' milk for kittens. and a small bottle, with a small nipple on it (they can help you find the right one) 

Its just like a human baby. Lots of love. lots of holding, and lots of feeding. 

Thankfully, kittens potty train themselves naturally as soon as they can walk lol. 

3kidsmom357
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:13 AM
I'm having to massage his bottom to get him to use the restroom

Quoting XJetX:

Depending on age, you may also have to wipe his bottom to get him to go to the bathroom. Mother cats lick them to stimulate that. I've raised baby kittens before.

3kidsmom357
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:13 AM
most vets won't take a baby that young

Quoting Bout-that-life:

Call a freakin vet and get that animal off your tit!

jb0520
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Awww every two hours and what the pp said about pets mart for milk and bottles
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)