Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could you be with this man?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
1 mom liked this
So my bf of 6 months has an 18 year old son. We live in PA and his son lives in VA. He came to visit and I met him last night. Some how we got in to a deep conversation about life in va. His dad never told me about it.

So here's the story....

Nick, the boys name, was raised by his mom mostly until she remarried when he was 7. His step dad abused him and nicks mom. Eventually nick went to live with his dad at age 12. His mom cut contact with him and moved to an unknown location. When nick was 14 his dad had To move for work but nick was "in love" so his dad let him stay behind and he moved in with his Gfs parents. Life was great until they broke up and she got a new bf. they allowed him to live there still but he couldn't handle it so he was homeless, living behind Applebee's YET STILL ATTENDING SCHOOL! So he was 16 and homeless. Eventually a friends parents took him in and he lived there until he graduated and now he's got an apartment.

I was shocked. He's gone through so much and he's so young. I saw him without a shirt on(swimming) and it was awful. From him neck to his ankles he is covered in self harm scars and scars that are from his step father(bf told me this today). I asked bf today if it was all true what nick said and he said yes.

Now I'm conflicted. I don't know if I want to be with a man who has allowed his child to suffer so much! It's killing me. I really love my bf but this....wow.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mymanben
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:17 AM
I couldn't be with someone who just allowed there son to be on the street and not help him out. But that's just me.
charligirl33
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:23 AM
How are you even questioning this?
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Did the dad know?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:25 AM
No way in hell I would be with a man like that!
PoplarGrove
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:26 AM

If he knew what was going on with the abuse and knew that his son was homeless I couldn't stay with him.  People can change but not that much.  

theirmommy04
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Yeah, honestly, dunno if I could. I take parenting very serious. And coming from the childhood I had, that would almost be a trigger for me.

stephyk
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this

No.

Anonandon
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:28 AM
No. Either he knew the kid was on the streets and did nothing, or he didn't know because he didn't care enough to try and keep in contact with him. Ether way, he's a deadbeat in my book.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:29 AM

That would be a dealbreaker, who the fuck leaves behind a 14 year old CHILD b/c they're "in love" I can't even imagine. Hope you find someone who deserves you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Thats heartbreaking i am really sorry. i wouldnt honestly know how to handle it either. From reading things it doesnt sounds like you bf knew what was going on. We have all been stubborn teens. personally i would never let me child stay behind at 14 for a gf. that seems a little ridiculous. How old was your BF? maybe he thought he was doing what was best....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)