Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WWYD??

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:23 AM
  • 9 Replies
I'm at a loss here...my MIL only wants to but DD (1) religious toys and books and try's to push them on her even when she's not interested in them...now DH and I are not religious and we don't want religion pushed in DDs face...we want to wait until she's old enough to want to learn about it...
Should I tell MIL to stop buying these things all together or maybe put them up until DD is older? Or what? WWYD???
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:14 AM

Actually my MIL is like that too and so are hubby and I.  I tell her that she is welcome to keep those sorts of toys and books at her home  or share them with our kids if she would like or I put them up and tell her that she can read them, etc when she is visiting us.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:15 AM

Just take them and put them up until she is older. MIL will probably never stop anyway, lol

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:16 AM
Of course you should tell her something.
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:26 AM
If your DD isn't interested then just let them lay around for a while then get rid off them
tommyfan5
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:49 PM

problem is, MIL lives with us...and shes beyond just putting them in her face and showing them to DD shes actually trying to force DD to play with only what she buys

Quoting MixedCooke:

Actually my MIL is like that too and so are hubby and I.  I tell her that she is welcome to keep those sorts of toys and books at her home  or share them with our kids if she would like or I put them up and tell her that she can read them, etc when she is visiting us.

tommyfan5
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I want to, but I dont know a way to word it to not sound like a mojor B****...

Quoting sandra_t00:

Of course you should tell her something.

MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:04 AM

I tell this to even my OWN Mother--My house, MY rules.  My children, MY RULES.

Quoting tommyfan5:

problem is, MIL lives with us...and shes beyond just putting them in her face and showing them to DD shes actually trying to force DD to play with only what she buys

Quoting MixedCooke:

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Either tell her about your feelings or deal with it.....

LaughCryLive
by Emerald Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:08 AM
Tell her to stop and if she continues throw it away.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)