Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Suicide prevention?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

Does anyone have experience or adivce on suicide preventiion?

i have a good friend who is in a bad place.  I personally think she is super depressed, however she is pregnant so I don't want to flat out ask her, although I am getting to the point of suggesting it.  I am a super positive person and every time I talk to her I try to turn all her negativity into a positive outlook and so far it has worked.  At this time I don't think she will actually try to hurt herself  but I do worry about the what if.      

If anyone has any adivce I would truly appreciate it!    I am only posting anon in case she is on here since I have told her about cm many times .   If she is I don't want her to see this post and freak  Kwim

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Walker88
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:07 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:10 AM

Quoting Walker88:

BUMP!

Thank you
Walker88
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:12 AM

I would have an honest conversation with her if it were me. I struggled with depression as a teen and was suicidal for about a year before I got some help. Letting her know that you care and are worried about how she seems to be feeling a lot of negative emotions and asking if she wants to talk may be a good intro. If she is suicidal and you ask her point blank she may be embarrassed to talk about it while at the same time feeling triggered. Hopefully someone with more experience can respond to your question.

Quoting Walker88:

BUMP!

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:13 AM

Contact the American Foundation on Suicide Prevention. They are an amazing group and will lead you in the right steps to help your friend. I have volunteered with them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I have been talking to her for the last hour or so. I started it with as,ing if she was ok because I was concerned with one of her fb posts. A few min aglo I did ask her if she felt she was depressed and urged her to talked to her ob . I also let her know I suffer from anxiety and once I was diagnosed and got on meds to take when I need them I felt so much better. She said she is depressed but will talk to her ob on her next appointment
Quoting Walker88:

I would have an honest conversation with her if it were me. I struggled with depression as a teen and was suicidal for about a year before I got some help. Letting her know that you care and are worried about how she seems to be feeling a lot of negative emotions and asking if she wants to talk may be a good intro. If she is suicidal and you ask her point blank she may be embarrassed to talk about it while at the same time feeling triggered. Hopefully someone with more experience can respond to your question.

Quoting Walker88:

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:19 AM

Quoting OneToughMami:

Contact the American Foundation on Suicide Prevention. They are an amazing group and will lead you in the right steps to help your friend. I have volunteered with them.

Thank you ! I will if she doesn't get help.  I made progress in the last 10 min and she admitted to being depressed and said she will talk to her ob about it. 

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:20 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Thank you ! I will

No problem! They have a hotline as well where you can talk to someone or she can talk to someone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:22 AM

Thank you!!! If things don't change/improve I will be calling them fingers crossed they do!

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Thank you ! I will

No problem! They have a hotline as well where you can talk to someone or she can talk to someone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)