Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are people watching the same Zimmerman trial??? This racial bias is sad and infuriating!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
1 mom liked this

A 17 year old died, and that is tragic. However, after watching this case and seeing the evidence so far, I am completely shocked by people's reactions. This is STILL THE PROSECUTION'S CASE, and all of their witnesses have supported the defense theory of self defense, including the police. The police also testified they didn't think race had an issue. If things are this bad for prosecution now, it will only be worse when defense presents their case. They haven't met burden of proof at all, and I am disgusted that they overcharged with 2nd degree murder, that this has become a racial issue, and that so many taxpayer resources have been wasted. For anyone that has actually seen any of the evidence in this trial, how can you believe that the state has proved Zimmerman committed murder, which requires malice and intent and completely deny the self defense claims?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:47 AM
I agree. I was watching for an hour today at the doctor's office, and I would have bet money that the defense was running the case if I hadn't have known better.
SageAdvice
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:47 AM
2 moms liked this

He didn't commit murder. But most will never conceded to that truth, race is now an issue that threatens to tear all asunder and it's sickening.

The world will be a better place when the likes of AL Sharpton pass from it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:58 AM
I agree with you OP. I have been watching this trial from day one. I am shocked that people don't understand that the prosecution's own witnesses and evidence has already introduced reasonable doubt. I don't even engage with the women on here who are turning this into a racial issue and are convinced that Trayvon was murdered for being black. The outcome is going to be not guilty, and I have a feeling that we are going to see riots of epic proportion because of race baiting from AA leaders and the biased media coverage prior to the trial.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:58 AM
i find it odd that it's a racial thing....zimmerman is bi racial. when I first saw a picture of him and they were claiming it was a hate crime. I thought...isn't he Latino? not that it makes it any better but geesh
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:05 AM

Ha, not that it is funny or makes it any better, but he is Latino and has biracial parents, so it is even stranger to me that race is such an issue.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:07 AM
I am sorry but I quit when the officer said his sweater was wet only on the back. It just reassured me that the man was telling the truth! All.of those fools.protesting. Smh
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:08 AM

Thanks for the intelligent response, and I just don't get it. I have been shocked seeing some of the posts on here and seeing some of the biased "panels" on some of the TV shows. I love trials and enjoy watching, and I feel like most of the people commenting have no idea what they are talking about and have never taken the time to learn or have an open mind about the facts. I understand people disagreeing, but the facts have been pretty clearly in favor of defense that it blows my mind that people won't even acknowledge it at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:10 AM

I think it's sad race has become driving issue and that people that are advocating it are irresponsible and uninformed. I don't think it was murder, but there is zero evidence it was racially charged. Some people should realize that not every incident is racial and not try to capitalize on it to get 15 minutes of fame.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:12 AM

Totally! Me too, and it had grass and supported Zimmerman's and all the neighbor's testimony. I've never seen a case where the police and everyone support the defense theory like this...

SageAdvice
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:44 AM
2 moms liked this

OPS...... I guess I should have gone anonymous with my reply. Oh well I can't, and even if I could I doubt I would have.  I stand behind how I feel and the evidence that has been laid bare in court.

Everyone blames Zimmerman well both played parts in that and the facts are that "child" was no innocent, he circled back around instead of continuing on to his fathers house, he was spoiling for a fight ( probably egged on by his girlfriend ) and he got more than he bargained for.  We have community watches for a reason. The day we aren't allowed to ensure our neighborhoods safety and try to deter criminals is the day we surrender our rights to claim we have any rights at all. If that 'child" hadn't been a trouble maker to start with he would have been home in bed in his Mama's house far away. His Mama sent him there because she couldn't handle him anymore and was scared the police would get him in the end.

People acting like he was a sweet innocent child,  SMH, he was trouble and no little boy as pictures his parents made available to media showed, but a man grown in both size and ability. He was suspended for weapons/paraphernalia in school and beating a bus driver. He was a known robber and thief.  His truths caught up with him and death came calling and now he will cause trouble no more.

I find it amazing that TM's and the prosecutions on witnesses paint him as trouble and seem to back the defenses "theory" of what occurred that night. Maybe in the end truth will prevail. But at what cost - there will be riots and even more blood shed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)