Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would You Have Bought Them? **UPDATE**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 676 Replies
11 moms liked this
My two boys, ages 4 and 7, were both in need of new underwear. Since underwear isn't something other people normally see, we typically let the boys pick whatever style they prefer to wear. Usually, they ask for Thomas the Tank Engine, Cars, Sesame Street, Justice League, etc. The older one went for boxers one time, but didn't like the feel of all that extra fabric at all, so they both get briefs.

We're in the underwear aisle (boys' and girls' shelves right next to each other), and the boys are perusing their options. After about 5 minutes, they BOTH exclaim that they want Angry Birds and My Little Pony. Angry Birds, not a problem. Target has a few different options, and carry both sizes we need. But the My Little Pony request threw me for a loop. Granted, they both love watching the show and have some MLP toys, but I never expected them to ask for girls underwear, lol!

Here's the thing, though. As previously stated, they both wear briefs, so the fit is pretty much the same. They both pull their underwear down to go to the bathroom rather than using the "penis pocket" as they call it, so there wouldn't be a difference there. Also, we could get 7 pairs of MLP underwear for $1 more than 5 pairs of any of the "boy" options (a savings of $0.37 each), so they were a better buy. And finally (also as previously stated), no one is going to be seeing their underwear except us. So.....

I figured, "What the hell?" They boys are now each proud owners of 5 pairs of Angry Birds underwear and 7 pairs of My Little Pony underwear.

What would you have done?

UPDATE: The boys tried them on. Not only do they fit fine, but they are roomy enough that I almost wish I'd gotten a smaller size. So no one needs to worry about me being "nasty" and attempting to take back a pack of underwear that had one pair tried on once... Lol.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:40 AM
4 moms liked this
P.S. I would totally love to have a poll on this, but I wasn't given the option.
zeenah
by Zarah on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:41 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:42 AM
Probably not.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:42 AM
8 moms liked this
That is one thing I will not purchase in my home, girl's get girl panties, boys get boy underwear. Other then that I don't care.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:45 AM
6 moms liked this
I never expected to do this, either, but they were just so darned cute looking expectantly up at me, lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

That is one thing I will not purchase in my home, girl's get girl panties, boys get boy underwear. Other then that I don't care.
TaralynnStewart
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:50 AM
3 moms liked this
Nope. Boys wear underware.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:51 AM
18 moms liked this
I know the underwear preferences of half the kids in the second grade. Seven year old boys talk about this stuff and see each others underwear in the restroom. Hope you're ready to buy more when he comes home crying because people bully him for wearing panties.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:51 AM
5 moms liked this
During the summer and while they are at home, I'd let them wear the MLP underwear but I wouldn't allow it for school. I wouldn't want them to get teased by their friends. Btw - you are raising the next generation of Bronies (sp?) - lol!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:53 AM
22 moms liked this
Sorry? Didn't know what I bought them wasn't underwear.

Quoting TaralynnStewart:

Nope. Boys wear underware.
MomToDarienne
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Hmm..I don't know..probably not, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured