Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you breastfeed another womans child?

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:07 AM
  • 376 Replies
Why or why not?
i will answer later when I'm not on my tablet.
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessicamarquez
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this
No because its unsanitary to me she provides best for her baby no others. I did consider it for a short while but my bf made it clear to me that no that will not be happening.
Princess_s21
by Sarah on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:09 AM
17 moms liked this

Not in an ordinary situation, if the situation was dire or the child was ill or something yes I would.

Jessicamarquez
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Eta not that I dislike anyone who does thou its there choice to do what they feel is best for their baby
QuirkyMom26
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:10 AM
7 moms liked this

Like just run up to some random child and stick my breast in their mouth because they look malnutritioned? I mean...I need more of a scenario.

momaof8
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:10 AM
12 moms liked this

I would pump and give it to a needy child.

like an ill preemie or something.
Anonandon
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Barring any extreme circumstances, no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Matthea
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:13 AM
2 moms liked this

Only in an extreme situation (i.e, we're shipwrecked, her mother's died, no-one else steps up), or with the mother's express (lol) permission, if I didn't feel weird about it at the time.

I think I would have to be put into that situation (asked by a mum to do it for her, for some reason) to know how I'd really feel.  It would depend who, and why.

I wouldn't do it for a stranger, but I'd consider my gut reaction if the idea was proposed by a close friend or family member.  Also, for reference: http://www.google.com.au/search?q=breast+milk+bank

CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:15 AM
1 mom liked this

No. One, I would just find that too weird, and two, I hated breastfeeding. It was painful, and uncomfortable and a pain for me. I did it as long as I could for my children's benefit, I couldn't do it with someone else's child. 

RoxStetz
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:16 AM
7 moms liked this
You made me spit coffee on myself!!!!!
Lets say your sister was ill and you were caring for her baby, and you had a nursing baby.

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

Like just run up to some random child and stick my breast in their mouth because they look malnutritioned? I mean...I need more of a scenario.

tictacmama
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:17 AM
9 moms liked this

I have pumped and donated it to a milk bank and I have pumped and given my milk to a friend whose milk dried up too early (her daughter was a premie and there were complications). I would not put someone elses kid to my breast but, yes I would give milk. BTW, in order to give milk to a milk bank you have to be thoroughly tested every three months (at least where I live).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)