Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Let's play pretend....Mommy Scenarios...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 85 Replies

I am your five year old son and have just informed you that I am running away.  I have my bag packed and have asked for a sandwich.

What do you do?

Put what you would do...and like the ones you find good.  Let's see who is the "Best Mommy" in this scenario

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
QuirkyMom26
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:15 AM
5 moms liked this

I'd have him sit down and eat his sandwich as he told me why he was running away while cleverly and sneakishly unpacking his backpack at the same time. 

Then give him lots of hugs xoxo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:17 AM
4 moms liked this
Tell him not to cross the street.....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Good plan. 

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

I'd have him sit down and eat his sandwich as he told me why he was running away while cleverly and sneakishly unpacking his backpack at the same time. 

Then give him lots of hugs xoxo

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:20 AM
3 moms liked this

Tell him he can make it himself and that the best place to find a job is probably Family Dollar since that's the only store he can get to without crossing a major street.

Then wait for him to come back (and make sure he doesn't go more than a few houses down the street).

embrigmom
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:21 AM
5 moms liked this

Say I don't have the stuff to make a sandwhich and we'd better go shopping for it, because I don't want you to run away on an empty tummy. While we were at the store and on the way to and back talk about why he wants to run away. Make sandwhich and eat with him talking about how sad daddy and I will be when he runs away. After he has his sandwhich check his bag and make sure he has everything he needs, talking about how much we love him and giving lots of hugs and kisses. Then suggest maybe he looks sleepy and should wait to run away until he's had some rest, also doesn't he want to say good bye to daddy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:21 AM
2 moms liked this

tell him to go on ahead. (i have a son. he is now 10) when he was 6 he and his sister told me they were running away. i told them to take everything they wanted cause i was throwing the rest out then but they didint have to go and i would miss them. they knew better than to cross the street so they sat at the end of our driveway for about 40 minutes before coming nside and asking for dinner. - they have never said they were running away again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:22 AM
3 moms liked this
Simply make the boy his sandwich. Ask why he wants to leave and what's he going to do for food and a bed. Then let him leave and follow closely behind. A 5 yr old won't get to far before freaking out. lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Tell him he might need more than one sandwich, but I was only going to make him one.
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Make him a sandwich and pack him a drink and a snack and tell him he can run away to the backyard if he wants and ill even help him set the tent up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Love it.  Family Dollar..haha

Quoting B1Bomber:

Tell him he can make it himself and that the best place to find a job is probably Family Dollar since that's the only store he can get to without crossing a major street.

Then wait for him to come back (and make sure he doesn't go more than a few houses down the street).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN