Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

50 pounds... updated for the haters ;)

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:31 AM
  • 223 Replies
11 moms liked this

I don't have any good pics of me from when I was bigger, because I hid from the camera. At my heaviest, I was 280. Or maybe higher.. I stopped weighing myself at 280.

Yesterday, I tried on a swimsuit for the first time in FOREVER. I'm not going to actually wear it, I just wanted to try it on and see if I looked as horrible as I thought I would. I weighed in at 249.8 (out of the 250s finally!!) yesterday and was feeling confident. :)

I realize I'm still really big, but it felt nice to not feel disgusting in a swimsuit. I'm actually seeing progress for once and am proud of myself! It's a tough balance, though, because if I get too comfy I'll gain it back.

Anyway, I still have 50 pounds to go... 70 if I want to be "healthy" on the charts... but 50 sounds much nicer so I'm gonna stick with that. :)

Anybody else in the middle of their weight loss journey? I could use some encouragement/advice/tips.

Headed to the gym in just a bit... living there lately. :)

Here is a before/now .. the fat ones are from April 30th. The others are from yesterday.

July 18-

How is everyone doing with their weight loss? I just did a 3.5 mile walk/jog and then flipped (200+ pound) tires at the track! Super fun but it's HOT! Had lunch (salad!) and now am heading to the gym.

7/24 It's been a while since this post had any responses so I had forgotten about it. :)

Been busy flipping tires!

Also it was mentioned that the "before" photos were some how fake. These photos were snapped from still shots - from this video on April 30th. Videos don't lie. When I saw myself looking THAT fat... well, that was my breaking point and that's when I decided to *start moving*! I had always been good at posing to where I didn't look AS big... but the video busted me out, big time.

http://fox2now.com/2013/04/30/revealing-look-into-the-home-of-a-homosexual-couple-raising-3-kids/

While some people sit on Cafemom talking about my "fake" pictures, I'll be at the gym losing even MORE inches and MORE pounds. Enjoy!

May 1 - July 23

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KaylinC03
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:33 AM
2 moms liked this
Seriously that's incredible. Not only do you look great but you seem really motivated and that's awesome to see. Best of luck!
randomosityblog
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Quoting KaylinC03:

Seriously that's incredible. Not only do you look great but you seem really motivated and that's awesome to see. Best of luck!

Thanks -- I think the only thing that has kept me motivated this time is people telling me I'm inspiring them. Several readers from my blog have lost weight right alongside me because I post about it all the time. So I feel like if I stop, I'm letting them down. I hate the gym. I hate eating healthy (well I like it I just like candybars more). I just do it for them, mostly. <3

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Good job mama!!! I've lost 47lbs so I know how hard it is! Can't wait to get to my 50lb mark!! Only about 8lbs till I hit my goal!! Stay with it, you're doing awesome!!!
aphrodite7400
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this

thats a really cute suit!!

ive recently lost 25 lbs by just c hanging my eating habits. i would snack out of boredom and on unhealthy things, cupcakes, brownies, candy, all day long. ugh.  i still want to lose 10-15 to be at my ideal weight but its a start.  now that the kids are home for the summer, we dont do much b/c my hub is working during the week, so i havent been as diligent.

goodluck to you!! :) 

KaylinC03
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes other people's encouragement is really all you need. That's great. Since you mentioned candy bars have you tried those new Unjunked ones? My husband brought some home the other day and they are amazing. They're made with no "bad stuff" like GMOs, high fructose corn syrup, preservatives, etc. supposedly they're good for you (compared to other candy).

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting KaylinC03:

Thanks -- I think the only thing that has kept me motivated this time is people telling me I'm inspiring them. Several readers from my blog have lost weight right alongside me because I post about it all the time. So I feel like if I stop, I'm letting them down. I hate the gym. I hate eating healthy (well I like it I just like candybars more). I just do it for them, mostly. <3

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations, that's wonderful!

mrsc19
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this

i think you look good in the swimsuit....you look like one of those 1950s pin up girls....very pretty....good luck with your the rest of your journey.

vbway
by Valerie on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:41 AM

I haven't ever had to deal with a weight problem, but I spent 12 years trying to help my ex husband get his weight under control. 

I just wanted to say that I think you look great and you are doing a really good job. Keep it up! What is important is not the number on the scale, but getting to a weight that you feel good about. 

randomosityblog
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Quoting vbway:

I haven't ever had to deal with a weight problem, but I spent 12 years trying to help my ex husband get his weight under control. 

I just wanted to say that I think you look great and you are doing a really good job. Keep it up! What is important is not the number on the scale, but getting to a weight that you feel good about. 

Thanks. I'm learning not to obsess over the scale, which is definitely a good thing. It was beginning to control my moods.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Congratulations on the weight loss!!! The swimsuit looks good! Have you thought about a new hairstyle/color to boost your confidence?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)