Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

50 pounds... updated for the haters ;)

I don't have any good pics of me from when I was bigger, because I hid from the camera. At my heaviest, I was 280. Or maybe higher.. I stopped weighing myself at 280.

Yesterday, I tried on a swimsuit for the first time in FOREVER. I'm not going to actually wear it, I just wanted to try it on and see if I looked as horrible as I thought I would. I weighed in at 249.8 (out of the 250s finally!!) yesterday and was feeling confident. :)

I realize I'm still really big, but it felt nice to not feel disgusting in a swimsuit. I'm actually seeing progress for once and am proud of myself! It's a tough balance, though, because if I get too comfy I'll gain it back.

Anyway, I still have 50 pounds to go... 70 if I want to be "healthy" on the charts... but 50 sounds much nicer so I'm gonna stick with that. :)

Anybody else in the middle of their weight loss journey? I could use some encouragement/advice/tips.

Headed to the gym in just a bit... living there lately. :)

Here is a before/now .. the fat ones are from April 30th. The others are from yesterday.

July 18-

How is everyone doing with their weight loss? I just did a 3.5 mile walk/jog and then flipped (200+ pound) tires at the track! Super fun but it's HOT! Had lunch (salad!) and now am heading to the gym.

7/24 It's been a while since this post had any responses so I had forgotten about it. :)

Been busy flipping tires!

Also it was mentioned that the "before" photos were some how fake. These photos were snapped from still shots - from this video on April 30th. Videos don't lie. When I saw myself looking THAT fat... well, that was my breaking point and that's when I decided to *start moving*! I had always been good at posing to where I didn't look AS big... but the video busted me out, big time.

http://fox2now.com/2013/04/30/revealing-look-into-the-home-of-a-homosexual-couple-raising-3-kids/

While some people sit on Cafemom talking about my "fake" pictures, I'll be at the gym losing even MORE inches and MORE pounds. Enjoy!

May 1 - July 23

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Replies (21-30):
ame85
by Chemistry cat on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Me! I'm 54 pounds down. I have 20 left to go, and I am hoping to reach that by Christmas. My issue is sticking with an exercise routine. Just when I get into it I either get hurt or have a rough night with the kids and I lose my motivation. Join the Healthy Weight Loss group if you haven't already. Lots of support and wonderful ladies over there :)
randomosityblog
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Quoting jrmo4:

Great job! And that is actually a really nice swimsuit! What are you doing to drop pounds? I am up at atleast 210 right now which is clinically obese for my height. :C

Exercising and eating less.

twade26
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Love the swimsuit and you look really good.

randomosityblog
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Whew.. this post motivated me to go to the gym even though I didn't want to! Thank you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes in the middle and its driving me nuts. I can't wear any of my old clothes because they're too big but don't want to buy clothes every time I go down a size.

When I started my journey I couldn't fit in regular sized clothes. I was a 24. Now I'm an 8 which I love but I want to loose 15 more pounds.

Its really annoying to have to buy clothes every month or so though.

Congrats on your weight loss! You're looking great!
mamasaii
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Congrats! Losing weight has been a slow process but totally worth it. Keep it up!
Siobhan69
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this
You look fantastic in that swim suit :) Keep up the good work and btw you should wear it, your rocking it!
itsm3
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:47 PM

keep it up, mama... weight loss is a journey, not a race and the more you do what you do, the better and more badass you feel which is what pushes you do to more!

i'm no longer in weight loss mode but in training mode (for a race) but i continue to push my limits and challenge myself, physically. 

randomosityblog
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Quoting itsm3:

keep it up, mama... weight loss is a journey, not a race and the more you do what you do, the better and more badass you feel which is what pushes you do to more!

i'm no longer in weight loss mode but in training mode (for a race) but i continue to push my limits and challenge myself, physically. 

What type of race are you doing? We're doing another half-marathon this October, if my knees hold up. But we don't race. lol

itsm3
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:08 PM

but i'm doing the one in september!!!! YEAH BABY!!!!!!!

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting itsm3:

What type of race are you doing? We're doing another half-marathon this October, if my knees hold up. But we don't race. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN