Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

50 pounds... updated for the haters ;)

I don't have any good pics of me from when I was bigger, because I hid from the camera. At my heaviest, I was 280. Or maybe higher.. I stopped weighing myself at 280.

Yesterday, I tried on a swimsuit for the first time in FOREVER. I'm not going to actually wear it, I just wanted to try it on and see if I looked as horrible as I thought I would. I weighed in at 249.8 (out of the 250s finally!!) yesterday and was feeling confident. :)

I realize I'm still really big, but it felt nice to not feel disgusting in a swimsuit. I'm actually seeing progress for once and am proud of myself! It's a tough balance, though, because if I get too comfy I'll gain it back.

Anyway, I still have 50 pounds to go... 70 if I want to be "healthy" on the charts... but 50 sounds much nicer so I'm gonna stick with that. :)

Anybody else in the middle of their weight loss journey? I could use some encouragement/advice/tips.

Headed to the gym in just a bit... living there lately. :)

Here is a before/now .. the fat ones are from April 30th. The others are from yesterday.

July 18-

How is everyone doing with their weight loss? I just did a 3.5 mile walk/jog and then flipped (200+ pound) tires at the track! Super fun but it's HOT! Had lunch (salad!) and now am heading to the gym.

7/24 It's been a while since this post had any responses so I had forgotten about it. :)

Been busy flipping tires!

Also it was mentioned that the "before" photos were some how fake. These photos were snapped from still shots - from this video on April 30th. Videos don't lie. When I saw myself looking THAT fat... well, that was my breaking point and that's when I decided to *start moving*! I had always been good at posing to where I didn't look AS big... but the video busted me out, big time.

http://fox2now.com/2013/04/30/revealing-look-into-the-home-of-a-homosexual-couple-raising-3-kids/

While some people sit on Cafemom talking about my "fake" pictures, I'll be at the gym losing even MORE inches and MORE pounds. Enjoy!

May 1 - July 23

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Replies (41-50):
my4kidsrock2
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:34 PM
That's awesome! Congratulations!
I am down 15 pounds so far. I still have at least 35 to go although I need to lose another 50 to be considered "healthy". I love myfitnesspal.com and the 24 hour gym. It's the only way I could fit working out into my schedule on a regular basis. LOL.

I'm always looking for new friends on myfitnesspal.com if you use it. I am MeyersQ. Look me up. :)
randomosityblog
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

your legs are gross

lmao you should see my ass. ;)

randomosityblog
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Quoting VinhThiMom:

Congrats! I'm not in the middle...still at the beginning. Only lost 5lbs so far. 105 to go.

I'm not QUITE to the middle yet either.. 5 pounds is better than 0! What are you doing to lose the weight?

SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this
That is awesome!
enlightened_24
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I LOVE that swimsuit!! I want something more modest and that looks great. And super congrats on the weight loss!!!

Crafty8852
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats on what you've accomplished so far and good luck on your future :) I love that bathing suit btw, I think it's cute!

punkinsmom0106
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I used to be 248, but that was 80 pounds ago now. I still have a ways to go (esp with the toning) but seeing and feeling your body change is such a great motivator!! Way to go, momma!!
SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Why such a rude comment to someone who is obviously working hard to better herself. It must really suck to be such a negative person. Maybe if you're lucky your life will get better an you won't have to be such a sucky person. Good luck.

Quoting Anonymous:your legs are gross
dlnimo
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Me! I have another 40 pounds to go. At my all time heaviest I was close to 300. I'm now 183 and would like to be 145. I refuse to give up no matter how hard the struggle!!!!!!
rjmac88
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this
That's awesome! Way to go!!! You look great! Keep it up!!!

I will be once baby is born. I am currently 237. Pre pregnancy 224. I want to get down to 130 ish total. Though I will be totally fine with 160-170. I didn't look half bad at 170
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN