Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

50 pounds... updated for the haters ;)

I don't have any good pics of me from when I was bigger, because I hid from the camera. At my heaviest, I was 280. Or maybe higher.. I stopped weighing myself at 280.

Yesterday, I tried on a swimsuit for the first time in FOREVER. I'm not going to actually wear it, I just wanted to try it on and see if I looked as horrible as I thought I would. I weighed in at 249.8 (out of the 250s finally!!) yesterday and was feeling confident. :)

I realize I'm still really big, but it felt nice to not feel disgusting in a swimsuit. I'm actually seeing progress for once and am proud of myself! It's a tough balance, though, because if I get too comfy I'll gain it back.

Anyway, I still have 50 pounds to go... 70 if I want to be "healthy" on the charts... but 50 sounds much nicer so I'm gonna stick with that. :)

Anybody else in the middle of their weight loss journey? I could use some encouragement/advice/tips.

Headed to the gym in just a bit... living there lately. :)

Here is a before/now .. the fat ones are from April 30th. The others are from yesterday.

July 18-

How is everyone doing with their weight loss? I just did a 3.5 mile walk/jog and then flipped (200+ pound) tires at the track! Super fun but it's HOT! Had lunch (salad!) and now am heading to the gym.

7/24 It's been a while since this post had any responses so I had forgotten about it. :)

Been busy flipping tires!

Also it was mentioned that the "before" photos were some how fake. These photos were snapped from still shots - from this video on April 30th. Videos don't lie. When I saw myself looking THAT fat... well, that was my breaking point and that's when I decided to *start moving*! I had always been good at posing to where I didn't look AS big... but the video busted me out, big time.

While some people sit on Cafemom talking about my "fake" pictures, I'll be at the gym losing even MORE inches and MORE pounds. Enjoy!

May 1 - July 23

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Replies (41-50):
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:34 PM
That's awesome! Congratulations!
I am down 15 pounds so far. I still have at least 35 to go although I need to lose another 50 to be considered "healthy". I love and the 24 hour gym. It's the only way I could fit working out into my schedule on a regular basis. LOL.

I'm always looking for new friends on if you use it. I am MeyersQ. Look me up. :)
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

your legs are gross

lmao you should see my ass. ;)

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Quoting VinhThiMom:

Congrats! I'm not in the middle...still at the beginning. Only lost 5lbs so far. 105 to go.

I'm not QUITE to the middle yet either.. 5 pounds is better than 0! What are you doing to lose the weight?

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this
That is awesome!
1 mom liked this

I LOVE that swimsuit!! I want something more modest and that looks great. And super congrats on the weight loss!!!

1 mom liked this

Congrats on what you've accomplished so far and good luck on your future :) I love that bathing suit btw, I think it's cute!

by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I used to be 248, but that was 80 pounds ago now. I still have a ways to go (esp with the toning) but seeing and feeling your body change is such a great motivator!! Way to go, momma!!
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Why such a rude comment to someone who is obviously working hard to better herself. It must really suck to be such a negative person. Maybe if you're lucky your life will get better an you won't have to be such a sucky person. Good luck.

Quoting Anonymous:your legs are gross
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Me! I have another 40 pounds to go. At my all time heaviest I was close to 300. I'm now 183 and would like to be 145. I refuse to give up no matter how hard the struggle!!!!!!
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this
That's awesome! Way to go!!! You look great! Keep it up!!!

I will be once baby is born. I am currently 237. Pre pregnancy 224. I want to get down to 130 ish total. Though I will be totally fine with 160-170. I didn't look half bad at 170
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN