Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fifteen Years Ago Yesterday (Injury Pic)

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:56 AM
  • 11 Replies
I learned I am not invincible. And because of that, I know my kids aren't invincible either. This is what happens to kids who live in a culture that doesn't care about seatbelts, helmets, or safety laws. There's nothing wrong with having fun on ATV's or dirtbikes, but have some sense. Make your kids gear up, and teach them the importance of safety.

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommaGreenhalge
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:57 AM

RoxStetz
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Hugs Mama. Good message.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Ouch.

Lostinindy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:08 PM
My oldest daughter is here today because I always made them wear helmets when riding bikes. My dd rode her bike right in front of my neighbors can as I stood there helplessly watching. She walked away with bruises and a cracked helmet instead of a cracked skull.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashley_Carlson
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:10 PM

I suffered a bad concussion after riding my bike into the back of a flatbed truck. My forehead struck the back of the truck, and knocked me out for about 5 minutes.

ittyprincess604
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Glad your ok!
BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:15 PM
My cousin and brother and I flipped a 4wheeler once. Almost hit a concrete barrier over an empty creek bed.
I ended up almost cutting my pinky toe all the way off while it rolled us. My cousin had a twig stuck in her neck and my brother who was in the middle ended up with several gashes.

It took about 20 minutes before someone came for us. We were riding on the side of the road headed home after mud riding.
Several cars passed us and no one bothered to stop. I was like 12. The oldest.
jdy9440
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:17 PM

I agree, make those kids wear safety gear

MommaGreenhalge
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Quoting BraydensMama163:

My cousin and brother and I flipped a 4wheeler once. Almost hit a concrete barrier over an empty creek bed.
I ended up almost cutting my pinky toe all the way off while it rolled us. My cousin had a twig stuck in her neck and my brother who was in the middle ended up with several gashes.

It took about 20 minutes before someone came for us. We were riding on the side of the road headed home after mud riding.

This was also a fourwheeler.  We ran into a barbed wire fence.  Between us, we had probably six hundred stitches, and four hundred of those were in this picture.  We weren't even wearing shoes, much less safety gear.  And we were 11 and 12. 

BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:25 PM
We didn't have shoes on either.

When I was about 10 I had my first little boy friend and he came over for the day and he and my brother went riding and ran over a limb and it poped up and stabbed a hole right in the guys thigh.

We took him to MEA and he had to get a bunch of stitches and use crutches for about a month.

Quoting MommaGreenhalge:

Quoting BraydensMama163:

This was also a fourwheeler.  We ran into a barbed wire fence.  Between us, we had probably six hundred stitches, and four hundred of those were in this picture.  We weren't even wearing shoes, much less safety gear.  And we were 11 and 12. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)