Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Keep your dog away from there!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

In the apartment I live in, there is a designated dog area for dogs to use the bathroom. Of course, some dogs don't make it there and go on the grass, etc. This morning I brought my dog outside because she really had to go. When I noticed that there were two dogs up there already - one blocking the stairway - I turned around and planned to go the long way around the building (my dog HATES being around other dogs and goes nuts - she's still young). Unfortunately, she didn't make it and ended up peeing in the grass kind of by the dumpsters. As I walked back to my apartment, this lady with her dog walks up to me and FREAKS out, saying kids play over there and yadda yadda yadda (they play everywhere, not just over there). She said she would be calling and bitching at us because she's seen me do that before (I've never seen in her my life, and I've never had this happen before). People have also been blaming me because some dog is pooping in other people's yards, and apparently because I've only lived here two months, it's because of me. Wtf? I apologized to this lady, told her I intended to go the long way around the building, and she just lost it. It's not like I intentionally brought my dog over there to pee where kids play. What do they expect anyway?? They live in an apartment where everyone has dogs!

Was I in the wrong here? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:58 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:58 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:59 AM

BUMP!

UxorQuodMatris.
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:00 AM
She just peed on the grass?
I don't see the big deal. It's not like she shit on someone's doorstep.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I would have told her that bunnies pee there too

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Sometimes you can't help it where the dog goes. Especially with living in an apartment. If she complains and the manager says something to you I'd just explain what happened. At least it wasn't poop.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:07 AM

We live in a dog friendly complex, there is a fenced dog area that we can use but not obligated to do so.

I refuse to use.  It's a small area that dogs crap in and the risk of worms or other parasites is high.

They pee in a grass area and we always pick their poop up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Yeah, she just peed. I had a bag with me so if she had pooped I would have picked it up. 

Quoting UxorQuodMatris.:

She just peed on the grass?
I don't see the big deal. It's not like she shit on someone's doorstep.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Pretty sure that's what ours is too - it's there but we don't HAVE to use it. This woman was like, "Read your lease, lady!!" Well, I just did (and I have before) and it doesn't say we're obligated to use the fenced area. Ours is also small and gross. She usually pees around the outside (all the dogs do) and then poop gets cleaned up. I don't understand why she flipped out..

Quoting Anonymous:

We live in a dog friendly complex, there is a fenced dog area that we can use but not obligated to do so.

I refuse to use.  It's a small area that dogs crap in and the risk of worms or other parasites is high.

They pee in a grass area and we always pick their poop up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:12 AM

I had a bag with me anyway so if she had pooped I would have cleaned it up. This isn't the first time someone has bitched about us, like I said in the OP (even though we haven't done anything..), and I have a feeling management is going to be bitchy. I'm beginning to wish we had moved somewhere else - the apartments are nice but the people are awful. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Sometimes you can't help it where the dog goes. Especially with living in an apartment. If she complains and the manager says something to you I'd just explain what happened. At least it wasn't poop.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)