Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

eggs and baby.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
We do BLS and he is 7 months. I can't remember if egg whites or egg yokes are the safe part to test for alergic reaction.
Also, any other food reccomendation? We have tried bananas(he doesn't like them), loves sweet potato, adocado, and fresh field peas.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Whites have more protein but yolks can be allergenic as well (since you cannot totally seperate them).  Has he shown any signs of reacting to eggs through breast milk or have a strong allergic history?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:28 AM
No signs of reaction at all. Even to dairy i eat (which i know is a common one for ebf babies)
Neither his dad nor I have allergies to food either.
Just trying to take it kinda slow.

Quoting OneAllergicMama:

Whites have more protein but yolks can be allergenic as well (since you cannot totally seperate them).  Has he shown any signs of reacting to eggs through breast milk or have a strong allergic history?

OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Totally understand - I ask because I have two kids with food allergies.

Would start slow honestly and watch personally which is how we did with any foods given our horrific experiences LOL.

fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Then I wouldn't worry about it. My kids have had eggs since they were 6mo's.

Quoting Anonymous:

No signs of reaction at all. Even to dairy i eat (which i know is a common one for ebf babies)
Neither his dad nor I have allergies to food either.
Just trying to take it kinda slow.

Quoting OneAllergicMama:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Thanks. We only do 1 food per week just to be sure.

I've heard eggs were good first foods but i couldnt remember if it was the yoke or white you were supposed to try

Quoting OneAllergicMama:

Totally understand - I ask because I have two kids with food allergies.

Would start slow honestly and watch personally which is how we did with any foods given our horrific experiences LOL.

cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:35 AM
I have a reaction to yolks just as much as the whites. I just try to avoid eggs all together. Sorry no help. But when feeding my kids I just made some scrambled eggs and gave them 1 little bite and then wait.
zacmacsmomm
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:36 AM

My kids always had scrambled eggs lol.  Food allergies honestly were never a concern with me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)