Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Interpret my dream!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
I'm sitting in my childhood bedroom when a spider come down hanging my a thread of its silk. I'm not afraid of the spider. I go to move it by pinching the silk strand about 6 inches or so above the spider. But instead of the spider's silk being thin and sticky it's course and thick. Almost like a small rope. And as I'm trying to break it the spider quickly crawls up it and bites my middle finger. My finger starts to turn blue, like a bruise.

So then I'm suddenly at the hospital and I'm about to go in when the same spider comes down and it has like a double thread of the thick, course silk and I'm trying so hard to break this silk and other people (mainly a male nurse whose face I never see) is trying to contain the spider. I never actually break the the thick, rough spider silk. I wake up after struggling with for a little bit.

Can anyone interpret or give some insights as to what this dream could mean or symbolize? Thanks
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Bump again
Jessicamarquez
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Idk good luck here's a bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Spiders can mean a lot of things. But usually they represent a dominant or overbearing female figure, like a mother. Being bitten represent conflict between you and this female. Sounds like your subconscience wants to cut ties with her but finds it impossible or extremely difficult to do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Yeah, my mom has been very overbearing but in a nice way. She has always wanted to make it so that I was dependent on her. She never really gave me the confidence to be independent. It's an extremely complicated relationship on my end. And yesterday we thought she'd had a stroke. Very scary moment. My mom takes care of everything. She takes care of my pregnant sister and her 3year old. She takes care of her mom (and she has had a series of strokes since 2006). She works full time. She never taught me or my sister how to drive. I am 27 and my sister will be 23 this year. We are not capable of taking on her responsibilities if something happens to her.

I do want to cut the apron strings so to speak. And I have in a way because I moved out and got married. But still have depended on her for things. Thinking I was losing her really made me realize how much growing up I need to do and independence I need to gain.

Quoting Anonymous:

Spiders can mean a lot of things. But usually they
represent a dominant or overbearing female figure, like a mother. Being bitten represent conflict between you and this female. Sounds like your subconscience wants to cut
ties with her but finds it impossible or extremely difficult to do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)