Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

weird help maybe?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
We recently moved into house. The landlord is still in the area, but lives in a different county. He has a rental agency managing the property. So we have no contact with him.

I know the people who lived here before. They lived here for 3 years. They were told the previous renters lived here for about 4 years. According to the neighbors that have lived here since the neighborhood was established (25 years) the landlord has never lived here.

Yet we keep getting mail for him. From a charter school in the area that you have to be a resident of the county to attend and other things that would be for residents.

I've tried sending things back 'Return To Sender' but the mail carrier won't pick them up from the mail box. So I'm going to be dropping them in a mail drop and seeing if that works. (On a different mail route)

How do I go about finding out if he is still using this residence as a 'primary residence'

Not sure if I would persue anything cause I do know our lease could be terminated at any time. (Part of our lease. There does have to be just cause, but its possible)
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaughCryLive
by Emerald Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:38 AM
I guess I don't see the big deal.
RoxStetz
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I would contact the rental management company and give his mail to them to forward .
charligirl33
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Is it really worth making a fuss about?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Maybe he likes that school better? I guess I don't really see the big deal either, if its not effecting you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:45 AM

if he is no longer in the county, he doesn't have a right to the charter school.  If he is still using this house as his quailfing residence, that is fraud.  To me that is a big deal.  He could also be using this address for voter registration.  If he is no longer a resident of the county, that is also fraud.  which is a very big deal.

Quoting LaughCryLive:

LaughCryLive
by Emerald Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Eh. If he was doing it to commit fraud he'd be smarter about it. I think your crazy.

Quoting Anonymous:

if he is no longer in the county, he doesn't have a right to the charter school.  If he is still using this house as his quailfing residence, that is fraud.  To me that is a big deal.  He could also be using this address for voter registration.  If he is no longer a resident of the county, that is also fraud.  which is a very big deal.

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:50 AM

that's what I'm debating.

I do know the guy is a slum lord.  If this house were maintained even a little, he could easily get way more for rent.  instead its falling apart, and we are paying much less, cause the rental agency won't charge more, until the landlord pays for some updates, and remodels.  Which they've been after him for years to do and he refuses.  (we were told this by our manager.)  Which I won't denie it is nice to be getting a bargin for the rent, and sq. footage, but to have to deal withthe other issues, not so much.  I would gladly pay more if we didn't have to deal with them.  KWIM?

Quoting charligirl33:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Thank you?  LOL

I talked with my friend who moved out of here, and they never got mail for him/his family.  So I am now wondering why all the sudden mail is coming for him now.  

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Eh. If he was doing it to commit fraud he'd be smarter about it. I think your crazy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LaughCryLive:

LaughCryLive
by Emerald Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:05 PM
My parents bought a house from a couple 12 years ago. Until my parents moved out 2 years ago they were still getting mail for them. Heck, I can google my name and they have me at an address from 6 years ago.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you?  LOL

I talked with my friend who moved out of here, and they never got mail for him/his family.  So I am now wondering why all the sudden mail is coming for him now.  

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LaughCryLive:

charligirl33
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:05 PM
What does one have to do with the other?

Quoting Anonymous:

that's what I'm debating.

I do know the guy is a slum lord.  If this house were maintained even a little, he could easily get way more for rent.  instead its falling apart, and we are paying much less, cause the rental agency won't charge more, until the landlord pays for some updates, and remodels.  Which they've been after him for years to do and he refuses.  (we were told this by our manager.)  Which I won't denie it is nice to be getting a bargin for the rent, and sq. footage, but to have to deal withthe other issues, not so much.  I would gladly pay more if we didn't have to deal with them.  KWIM?

Quoting charligirl33:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)