Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Who do I report it too?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
My neighbors have 8-9 cars. Some broken down, some with out tags etc. They park it in their TINY yard and park the rest in the alley and on the street.

Isn't there a way I can report them? It's trashy. They are treating it as a junk yard when they have a tiny yard.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angie729
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:39 AM
City code enforcement
Mizz_Sassyfrass
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:40 AM
I would say city code enforcement?
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Call the police nonemergency number.

CafeMom Tickers
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Report it to the city. I know here it is illegal to park in an alley.

flcowgrl23
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Code enforcement!  They'll get a few days to clean up and then a big fat fine if they don't.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Depends on the codes for that area. They may within their rights to have a junk heap. If not report it to the city. However, keep in mind that breeds problems between neighbors and can cause worse problems. It isn't your house and it is a free country.  They may be gross but sometimes you have no choice.  If they are within their rights by city code, you can't do much, without moving. Sad but true. Good LUCK.  Hope they clean up.

OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Depends on the area.  We reported my MIL's neighbors for years and they did nothing.  They were actually stacking cars on top of cars at one point.  It was a residential area.

Quoting flcowgrl23:

Code enforcement!  They'll get a few days to clean up and then a big fat fine if they don't.

wonderstruck11
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Police, non emergency. Or the city hall enforcements.
flcowgrl23
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:45 AM

We had that problem once.  Called once a week for a month, they never came out.  Called daily for two weeks, never came out.  Called states atty.  It was cleaned up in 13 days.

Quoting OneAllergicMama:

Depends on the area.  We reported my MIL's neighbors for years and they did nothing.  They were actually stacking cars on top of cars at one point.  It was a residential area.

Quoting flcowgrl23:

AMRios
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:48 AM

The city can make them clean it..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)