Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Since everyone seems to be confused about who is responsible for Paula Dean

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:43 AM
  • 21 Replies

President

http://www.scrippsnetworksinteractive.com/our-company/leaders/brooke-johnson/

GM/Senior Vice President

http://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/bob-tuschman-senior-vice-president-programming-and-production/index.html

Senior vice president

http://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/susie-fogelson-vice-president-marketing-brand-strategy/index.html

Now, complain to them....lol  Stop trying to blame black people. I don't even know of any black people who watch that show honestly, really and truly being honest, and I can say about half of my friends and family are black.  These are the people who have "say-so" in her appearance on food network.

:)

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:48 AM
My grandmother's fried chicken beats hers any day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TaughtTot
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I believe you

My grandma and the elders in the family can put it down in the kitchen. No cook book, no measuring, just get a feeling about what needs to go where and how much, I guess.

Quoting Litlmama87:

My grandmother's fried chicken beats hers any day.

hismommy2010
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I don't watch her show. There was one time I was flipping through channels and landed on hers for a moment. Other then that, I 've never watched.

Now if the majority of her 'fans' or people who watch her show are black, then ok - they have say in her being kicked off the air or whatever.

But let's be real honest and serious about this for a moment. We have all said something at some point in our lives , to ourself, friend or family member that could be taken as being racist, or was down right racist. Just because the entire world didn't hear us - doesn't change the fact that it came from our mouths, doesn't change the fact that I'm sure MOST people of ALL races, make some sort of racial comment more often then they will admit to.

What I'm saying is, if we want to get so upset over Paula Dean, then perhaps we shouldn't watch ANY tv, or movies, perhaps we shouldn't shop anywhere, or buy anything from anyone ever again. We should just all stay in the comfort of our own homes and make everything we need on our own. Because we would all be suprised to find out who, and how many people are racist. ALthough they don't state it in public, or show it in their actions, they can very well be. And we just don't know it. Meanwhile we spend money at their business, or buy their products.

So , shouldn't we all just stay locked inside our homes and never buy anything from anyone ever again? I mean, they could all be racist, just not announcing it.....

TaughtTot
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Just like you claim we all have said something

I claim, not all of us have employment where personal lives dictate professional lives

Even the delivery boys who delivered pizza to a black man went off joking saying Nigga Nigga Nigga, etc etc got fired

No one is exempt

The argument might be that they were at work

well, with paulas employment, her who life that is public is considered part of her job

it is what it is

Quoting hismommy2010:

I don't watch her show. There was one time I was flipping through channels and landed on hers for a moment. Other then that, I 've never watched.

Now if the majority of her 'fans' or people who watch her show are black, then ok - they have say in her being kicked off the air or whatever.

But let's be real honest and serious about this for a moment. We have all said something at some point in our lives , to ourself, friend or family member that could be taken as being racist, or was down right racist. Just because the entire world didn't hear us - doesn't change the fact that it came from our mouths, doesn't change the fact that I'm sure MOST people of ALL races, make some sort of racial comment more often then they will admit to.

What I'm saying is, if we want to get so upset over Paula Dean, then perhaps we shouldn't watch ANY tv, or movies, perhaps we shouldn't shop anywhere, or buy anything from anyone ever again. We should just all stay in the comfort of our own homes and make everything we need on our own. Because we would all be suprised to find out who, and how many people are racist. ALthough they don't state it in public, or show it in their actions, they can very well be. And we just don't know it. Meanwhile we spend money at their business, or buy their products.

So , shouldn't we all just stay locked inside our homes and never buy anything from anyone ever again? I mean, they could all be racist, just not announcing it.....

TishHughes
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this
You posted something that goes against what they believe. See how many replies you got? Now if you posted the opposite, they'd be in here by the hundreds. These bitches are not interested in the truth.
TaughtTot
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:06 PM

lol

I know

I like to express truth, truth isn't popular

Quoting TishHughes:

You posted something that goes against what they believe. See how many replies you got? Now if you posted the opposite, they'd be in here by the hundreds. These bitches are not interested in the truth.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:08 PM
I personally could care less about Paula deen; hate her show; like her recipes. But I think everyone needs to have consequences for their actions. And she has hers; although it was a bit over the top
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:09 PM
No... blame me! It's all my fault her show is off the air!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Freedom of speech people.
TaughtTot
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Well....Now we know the REAL TRUTH

lol

Quoting Anonymous:

No... blame me! It's all my fault her show is off the air!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)