Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you be a foster parent? Why or why not.......

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 93 Replies

I am wondering why people become foster parents, or why they would choose not to be. 

How about you?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:06 PM
No, having one child is enough for me.
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:06 PM
No. That's not my calling in life. I commend the people who do chose that path, its just not for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:07 PM
No way. Foster kids come with lots of baggage that I am.not equipped, nor do I want to be equipped, to deal with.
AMRios
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:09 PM

I want to so bad!! My husband says no though... He thinks I would be to attached to the kids to let them go and he has the mentality that foster kids are so bad... They are not bad... They come from horrible situations and need someone to show them love... I know for the hour, day, week or month that they are with me they will be loved unconditionally... That is something many of those kids do not know... Maybe when my kids are older he will change his mind...

cymkare
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:09 PM

We have discussed it. Our main reasons not to are that I know I could not handle becoming attached to a child and then having them moved to another family or returned to their family. Also, we take part in the waiver program and you can't do that and foster care. 

CafeMom Tickers

Jade_Lufercus
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:10 PM

I would become a foster parent if we had more room. Once we move in a few years I think we might try.

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:12 PM
I wouldn't do it while I had my own small children in the home, only because I know foster kids can often present a threat to younger children under the same roof due to their previous living conditions and environment.

We tried to become foster parents before we had kids but were turned down because we both worked at the time and they wanted someone with more time, and also our apartment was deemed to small.

illinoismommy83
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:12 PM

No. I only have 2 kids because I can only handle 2 kids. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:12 PM
I would my dh doesn't. So it's a no
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Maybe but only if the child was a baby with no drug addiction. But an older child no.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)