Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did your mom help?

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:34 PM
  • 141 Replies
1 mom liked this

So I'm taking a break from planning my son's birthday party and decided to watch some TV. I got suckered in to watching "16&Pregnant". This girl put her baby for adoption and then took the baby back (she gave her daughter to her aunt and uncle.)

Her mother told her that she already raised for her kids and that she wanted her daughter to raise her  own baby. I mean, the mom did help but it got me to thinking...did any of your mom's help with your first baby?

I spent a week at my mom's after my son was born to help me but I don't think I would of stayed as long if I didn't have a bad reaction to the epidural. She still helps me out here and there when I'm in a pinch and I'm very thankful that I know I can call her and be like: "OMG WHAT DO I DO?!" haha.

Here's my son and my mom at the park the other day! (Yes, he had sunblock on but threw his hat off his head...he hates hats. >_<)

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Yes my mom helped. My son was my mom's first grandson.

I wasn't a teen mom tho.
Harmonytmrrw
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:36 PM

bump!

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:37 PM
no. my mom's dead. my parents were incredibly embarrassed that i had a baby young.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Siobhan69
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, my Mom was a fantastic help when my son was born. She taught me everything and calmed me when I would freak out about the smallest things. She is still amazing with my kids and watches them during the day while I work.

Harmonytmrrw
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I wasn't a teen mom either and my son is my mom's first grandson too. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes my mom helped. My son was my mom's first grandson.

I wasn't a teen mom tho.

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:37 PM

nope, and I wouldnt have wanted her to... I dont know how my brother and I survived childhood with her

CelestialSong
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Not at all. But I wouldn't have wanted her help anyway.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Mine and DH's families firmly believe that it takes a village to raise a family. My MIL came and was with us when our first was born and she stayed after for a week to help. She was amazing.

When my second was born we were living with my G'ma and Aunt (+ her family) because DH was deployed. They were all amazing.

(My mother passed before my kids were born)

Anonandon
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:38 PM
My mom flew out to help after I had both kids. I wasn't a teen mom though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EAzizM
by Erica on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:38 PM
My Mom comes over and helps when i am down with a simple cold...I am sure she will be awesome help once I have a kid.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured