Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So I'm taking a break from planning my son's birthday party and decided to watch some TV. I got suckered in to watching "16&Pregnant". This girl put her baby for adoption and then took the baby back (she gave her daughter to her aunt and uncle.)

Her mother told her that she already raised for her kids and that she wanted her daughter to raise her  own baby. I mean, the mom did help but it got me to thinking...did any of your mom's help with your first baby?

I spent a week at my mom's after my son was born to help me but I don't think I would of stayed as long if I didn't have a bad reaction to the epidural. She still helps me out here and there when I'm in a pinch and I'm very thankful that I know I can call her and be like: "OMG WHAT DO I DO?!" haha.

Here's my son and my mom at the park the other day! (Yes, he had sunblock on but threw his hat off his head...he hates hats. >_<)

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Replies (11-20):
Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Yes, my mom helped a lot. She's a wonderful Grandma, she loves my dd to death and I am very greatful to her for that,

CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:39 PM

I don't know what I would've done without my mom.  She slept over our house for the first 2 weeks to help me out and calm me down when I started getting really overwhelmed.  To this day, she is a great help with DD.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:39 PM
No. I got zero help with any of the kids. She did come over when my 5th baby was born....she took a nap in the recliner while watching a movie. Good thing I'm superwoman
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:39 PM
I was 18 and my mom took off work for a month to help me. She would help me as long as I was going to school or work. She only babysat for me to go out with friends twice and I had to pay her.
I was older when I had my second and third. She would always take the older kid home with her for a week or so.
disneymom2two
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:40 PM

DH had to work the day I got out of the hospital so I stayed at my mom's the first night.  She babysat on occasion and loved helping us.  With my daughter, she was unable to babysit given her health but she loved spending time with us and playing with my daughter.  While I wouldn't raise my children's children, I would certainly give them a hand when needed.

raye-chan
by Raye on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:40 PM
I wasn't a teen mom and no, my mom didn't help. For the first few weeks after having our son she actually caused a lot of problems for us. As she always tells me, when you have a child, you give up the rest of your life to the child and you never ever ask for breaks nor do you ever take a break from the child even to do errands so me needing a bit of help after my c section with cooking dinner or lifting were out of the question.

Besides, i don't like my mother's version of "helping". -.- Sorry for the mini rant x3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Nope my mom dumped me when I was 17 and took off to a new state and married her boyfriend.
I tried the forgiveness route and offered for her to know her grandchild ( I was 20 then), but she made no effort so I cut all ties.
GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Yep. I stayed with her for 3 weeks after my first was born. She flew out and stayed a week to help me when I had my second. It was so nice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Well sort of, but only when I was at the hous with them.  I was married and 23 so my DH and I did pretty much everything on our own.

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:41 PM

My MIL stayed with me for a week after the birth of my first child.  My mom came over a few times to help out.  After the birth of my second, my mom and MIL both came over a couple of times to help.

My mom still works, my MIL does not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)