Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So I'm taking a break from planning my son's birthday party and decided to watch some TV. I got suckered in to watching "16&Pregnant". This girl put her baby for adoption and then took the baby back (she gave her daughter to her aunt and uncle.)

Her mother told her that she already raised for her kids and that she wanted her daughter to raise her  own baby. I mean, the mom did help but it got me to thinking...did any of your mom's help with your first baby?

I spent a week at my mom's after my son was born to help me but I don't think I would of stayed as long if I didn't have a bad reaction to the epidural. She still helps me out here and there when I'm in a pinch and I'm very thankful that I know I can call her and be like: "OMG WHAT DO I DO?!" haha.

Here's my son and my mom at the park the other day! (Yes, he had sunblock on but threw his hat off his head...he hates hats. >_<)

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Replies (21-30):
Harmonytmrrw
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:41 PM

I don't think I'd raise my children's children either but I would most definitely help them if they needed it.

Quoting disneymom2two:

DH had to work the day I got out of the hospital so I stayed at my mom's the first night.  She babysat on occasion and loved helping us.  With my daughter, she was unable to babysit given her health but she loved spending time with us and playing with my daughter.  While I wouldn't raise my children's children, I would certainly give them a hand when needed.

Mommy2ETnBM
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:42 PM

My mom only helped by babysitting every once in a while for me, for both of my kids. She keeps them about 1 night a month, same when they were babies. 

Ilaynasmommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:42 PM
No.but a phone call away with both.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyO2-6631
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:42 PM
No. she came over for maybe a half hour every couple of weeks to visit but other than that no she did not help much.
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Well, my sweet little mom got in her car and drove across town every single day for 6 weeks, so I could sleep a little, when I had my first.  She was over 70 and I was in my late 30's.  So yeah, that kind of help was wonderful!

But if you mean "help" as in raise or support my child for me, no.  Adults don't need that.  If you do need that, you have no business having a baby. 

NoahandEliza
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:42 PM
My mom couldn't come to the hospital when my first was born because...wait for it...her cat couldn't be alone. So no, she didn't help at all.
nicmain
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I wasnt a teen mom. But my mom was very involved with my first child. Almost to much, lol. Unfortunatly she passed when my DD was only 18months old. So she never got to meet my second child :( I know she would have been just an involved in his life as well though. She loved being a Grandma. She said her heart hurt with love and her life was complete. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I was 27 when I had my first child.  When my mom came over to my house she would help, but I really didn't need the help.

VarelaClan
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:43 PM

My mom flew in to help when I had my 1st baby. So, I guess she helped for the short time she visited us. We moved near my parents before we had our 2nd baby. We ended up having 3 babies while living near them. My parents would take them for date nights and things like that. My mom wouldn't have wanted to raise her grandbabies, nor would I have let her. I was already married and settled down when I had my kids though. Now we live states away again. They will watch the kids for a date night or 2 when they are around. They should be here in September to spend time with their grandkids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:44 PM

My mom passed on when I was 17. I didn't have kids until mid twenties. No she did not help. I have had no help with the exception of my dh and my best friend before she moved out of state.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)