Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So I'm taking a break from planning my son's birthday party and decided to watch some TV. I got suckered in to watching "16&Pregnant". This girl put her baby for adoption and then took the baby back (she gave her daughter to her aunt and uncle.)

Her mother told her that she already raised for her kids and that she wanted her daughter to raise her  own baby. I mean, the mom did help but it got me to thinking...did any of your mom's help with your first baby?

I spent a week at my mom's after my son was born to help me but I don't think I would of stayed as long if I didn't have a bad reaction to the epidural. She still helps me out here and there when I'm in a pinch and I'm very thankful that I know I can call her and be like: "OMG WHAT DO I DO?!" haha.

Here's my son and my mom at the park the other day! (Yes, he had sunblock on but threw his hat off his head...he hates hats. >_<)

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Replies (41-50):
Grnyann65
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:47 PM
No. I didn't get help from my mom, or my MIL. I made my bed....My sister DID get a LOT of help from my mom...She was only 1 year older when she had her daughter, than I was when I had my son, so I don't know the reason my mom was willing to help my sis, when she wasn't willing to help me.
supercarp
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:48 PM

My mom came and stayed for a week when each of my babies was born. She was great: she did all the cooking, cleaning and the laundry so that my husband and I could focus on the baby. She even made cupcakes for my middle daughter to take to school on her birthday (I guess they don't do that anymore)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:48 PM

No. My mom didn't even come down and meet my daughter until she was almost a month old. And then she stayed for one hour.

KEISHAJB
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I was 22, she helped a little, my sister got pregnant at 17, she may have been 18 by the time her son was born, but anyway, my mom still helped her.

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:49 PM
I was a teen and living at home so she helped me a lot.

Not with my second though. I didn't really get help, except for the first two weeks from my SO. I was pretty much alone while my SO worked. I liked it though.
vvinkyloafer
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:49 PM
She helps tremendously. She keeps my daughter over the weekend as I work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilpep100
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Nope, I'm sure she would of, but she didn't live long enough to see grandkids.

jobseeker
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:50 PM

I am the 7th of 8 children, 4 boy4 4 girls.  I am the youngest daughter and my children was my parent's 11th & 12th grandchildren.  I stayed a week with my mother after each child and my parents were as in love with them as they were with their first.  In fact after each of my children my dad (who has long since passed away) brought in 2 dozen red roses and he gave me a small diamond. In his memory now I have diamond stud earrings.  When my younger was born my nurse asked my daddy if this was his first grandchild and he replied, "NO this makes an even dozen! But each is a gift from heaven that I was provileged to see and hold."

amberleh
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:51 PM

My mom wants to, but I'm only going to let her after the baby is a few weeks old and we have established our bond and our own way of doing things. And if she tries to bulldoze me or insist I am doing things wrong, she will be shown the door. 

JLS2388
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:52 PM

She and she still does when she can. I don't get why parents would tell a teen mom they won't help at all, what grandparents don't want to help with their grandchild? I mean now and then, not raising the child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN