Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My politically incorrect reason for wanting to be a sahm...

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:07 PM
  • 88 Replies
6 moms liked this

...is that I only like my own family. There are very few people outside my family I care to give any of my time and energy to. I consider it a joy to tend to my home and take care of dh and our children. I enjoy the satisfaction that comes with that. However, I spend my entire day at work wishing I didn't ever have to speak to or devote any of my time to all these strangers that are nothing more than inconveniences to me. Some people love being around other people and enjoy making new friends, yadda yadda yadda. I don't. I'm an introvert by nature and I am happiest in my home with all the doors locked and the outside world at a good distance from me. I have a few friends and they are life long. I have no desire to make new friends or to interact with people outside my small circle.

There. That's my horrible confession.

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I'm the same way.  It does sound horrible, but I totally understand.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:11 PM

I'm completely unsocial. DH prys me out of the house 3-4 times a year for parties and things. But I hate going anywhere. I hate working and wish everyone would either be quiet or disappear.

supercarp
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:13 PM

That is the definition of an introvert. Not horrible, very common.

milkmama36
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:15 PM

That is so me! Here I thought I was a freak! Unfortunetly the sahm thing won't ever happen. DH's career is all played out, and I am in school. Gotta do what you gotta do for the kids.

AMRios
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Why don't you quit your job and stay home?

garnet83
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Not an option at the moment.

Quoting AMRios:

Why don't you quit your job and stay home?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:21 PM

My horrible confession is that I fantizise about working sometimes.  My kids are just constantly touching me. I love them but they just constantly have their hands on me.  My skin hurts from being handled so much.  I dream of a cubical and a personal space bubble.  

garnet83
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Then you will have people you don't love nearly as much as your children pestering you to do things you don't want to do.

Quoting Anonymous:

My horrible confession is that I fantizise about working sometimes.  My kids are just constantly touching me. I love them but they just constantly have their hands on me.  My skin hurts from being handled so much.  I dream of a cubical and a personal space bubble.  

SpnFulOfSugar
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:23 PM
I'm the exact opposite. I'm an incredibly social SAHM. Luckily I live in a small town and have a large network of friends and moms I get to be around daily.
friendlymom5
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:23 PM
I am the same way. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)