Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Custody Question - Domestic Violence / Battery

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:35 PM
  • 15 Replies

K as some of you know, I'm getting ready to go threw a baaad divorce / custody hearing. 

Ex is moving in his new girlfriend into his new place after only being together for 1 week. Yes, its a new girlfriend. Saw the conversations online when they met on a dating site an hour after we broke up. She has 3 children, and custody of none of them. Court is on the 8th (Court is to decide wether or not to extend the protection order)

I got on the idaho state judicary website and searched his new girlfriends name...

domestic violence (her vs someone else)

domestic violence / assault / battery (state of idaho vs her)

guardianship of her children was taken from her and given to someone else (not the dad)

two divorces

domestic relations x2 (someone else vs her)

I know the divorces won't go against them...but am i allowed to bring up the domestic violence and battery charges to make sure they only get supervised visitation? or atleast make sure that his new girlfriend can't be around my daughter?

~Ariannah Kate's Mommy~

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you have an attorney? I would bring it up to him/her and see what they think and if it can be used.

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:38 PM
You can not prevent your ex from having his girlfriend around your children unless she is a danger to them. If you can prove that in court with those documents a judge may limit the time they spend together such as having a no overnight guest clause in your agreement until he gets re-married. The courts do not like to legislate morality from the bench.
RoryPond
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

during the custody hearing absolutely. if he has this woman living in his place, and then expects to bring his daughters around this woman, he should really think again, and you should make sure to bring it up.

Motherof3inNJ
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Yes, you can bring it up and show whatever proof you have. You can request supervised visitation and request that he completes anger management before the supervised visits start. You can request that the visitations are only with the dad and not his girlfriend, too.

model1000mom
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I suggest getting an attorney if you dont have one because they are the only ones who would know what can and cant be used.

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Do you have a lawyer?  Go get all of the documents on her cases and take it to court.  DH did this on SF proving that beat the shit out of his ex wife and her son.  Brought it up in court and walked out of the courtroom with exactly what he wanted.

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:40 PM

if you don't have attorney call for free consultation(sp?) to one and ask them.

I know I would not want dd around someone like that.

Best of luck to you.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Do you have an attorney? I would bring it up to him/her and see what they think and if it can be used.

samurai_chica
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Yes you certainly are.

Who your ex is going to bring your child around is HUGE!!!! that does play a role in custody cases....the fact that he's moving her in so fast is not good either.

Print all of that out & make sure you give it to your lawyer!!

She sounds like a pice of work...sheesh...Your ex may not even know about it.

Sue him for everything he's got...he sounds like a loser!

luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:42 PM
You can bring it up, at most his contact will be limited when she is around. Idaho is a known joint custody state. This can make a lot of things harder in the courts.
samurai_chica
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:42 PM

You're right, they don't like to legislate it. But, they certainly do take it into consideration when making their decision.

Quoting owl0210:

You can not prevent your ex from having his girlfriend around your children unless she is a danger to them. If you can prove that in court with those documents a judge may limit the time they spend together such as having a no overnight guest clause in your agreement until he gets re-married. The courts do not like to legislate morality from the bench.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)