Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would this irritate you to ?

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:41 PM
  • 38 Replies
We have a large tree that sits in our yard right next to the street.Since extremely shady there we have cars parked there 24/7.I have seen them park there and walk two or three houses down.There are two main reasons that this bugs me so much.

In the past week we got three notices fron our mailman saying please do not block access to the mail box.The last one said he will not deliver the mail if access was blocked again.

80 percent of the time I can't turn on the sprinklers in the evenings because someone is parked there with their Windows cracked and I'm afraid of getting their inside of there car wet.

Would this irritate you to?'Or am I being unreasonable?

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
myangels2
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:44 PM
2 moms liked this
I would call the city or at the very least find out who is parking there and give them a heads up...or leave them a note on their windshield (assuming it's the same people). Or egg their car...whatever is fine. ;)
lapcounter
by Race Mom on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:45 PM
6 moms liked this
I'd turn my sprinkles on anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sadiebug1228
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:46 PM
4 moms liked this
I vote egg their car :) haha or take bologna and put gas on it and stick it on the car and when the people peal the bologna off the paint will be missing in perfect circles :) don't ask how I know this....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting lapcounter:

Me too.

CorpCityGrl
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I too would turn the sprinklers on anyway.  They are parking there at their own risk.  You still have to maintain your lawn and property so you need to water it.

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Turn your sprinklers on a few times...I bet the cars will move.

smileykt
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I would call the non-emergency line and tell them there are abandoned unauthorized vehicles parked on your property.  A notice on their windshield from the police dept will make them not park there anymore.

Mommy2b2many
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Ugh? Our neighbor does the same thing! They'll even move our trashcans so they can park there... and would leave nasty notes about respect when we would run our sprinklers. So finally I started running my sprinklers; it took one time of water getting into their car; and a city ticket by the trashguy for them to move
unspecified42
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:50 PM
2 moms liked this
Put up a sign. And yeah, I would definitely turn the sprinklers on!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anjones09
by Ash on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Me too

Quoting lapcounter:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)