Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should gay/straight kids have different rules for PDA?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 174 Replies

I have a friend who lets one daughter hold her boyfriend's hand and hug and kiss him hello/goodbye, but doesn't let the other daughter do the same. The only difference in them is that one of the twins is straight and the other is gay.

Is it okay for straight kids to publicly demonstrate their affection for their SO's but not for gay kids to do so? Or is this mom just very misguided?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
209mom4you
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow
theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:12 PM
19 moms liked this

The rules should be the same for everyone.  Discrimination is never ok in my book.

In vain he thrusts his fists against the posts and still insists he sees the ghosts.

butterflymomss
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:15 PM
2 moms liked this

They should be treated the same.Your friend is very wrong here and I would seriously have a hard time keeping my mouth shut about it.

Motherof3inNJ
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:16 PM

That's wrong of her to do. She is ostrasizing her DD, what's good for one should be good for the other.

My question is what about regular friends? Let's say my DD is a lesbian but my DS is straight. DS wants sleepover with his guy friends and I agree. But what about my DD? I would know my DS wouldn't be having sex at his sleepover but I wouldn't know about my DD because she's interested in girls. What's fair in this scenario?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:17 PM
9 moms liked this
I don't think kids should be doing pda either gay or straight. It's awful enough to see grown people making out.
Schauseil
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope, for me, the rules are the same. Its about what is happening, not what genitals you have.

jas_momof2
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:19 PM

All or none, imo...

Tatum2U
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:20 PM
They should have equal rules. Your friend sounds stupid.
sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:20 PM

This.

Quoting theosgirl45:

The rules should be the same for everyone.  Discrimination is never ok in my book.

gemikris82
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:21 PM

i would have the follow teh same rules

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)