Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sister doesn't want to be at my wedding because I have only been with the Guy for 8 months. HELP

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies

I woke up this morning and it is now just hitting me that I am getting married in four days. I am shaking and have butterflies. I love this man with all my heart and want nothing more then to spend the rest of my life with him. I know I am doing the right thing here but my sister isn't happy that I am getting married after only being with him for 8 months. She said I should wait a bit long to do it and that I am making a mistake in not waiting. I don't feel that way and I told her so. She is not coming to the wedding because I won't wait at least a year before getting married. I don't want her not to come but I don't want to wait ether. We have both been married before and just don't feel like waiting. We both see no point in it when we both know that we love each other.

So my question is what should I do about my sister not wanting to come to the wedding?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:53 PM

BUMP!

december911
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:53 PM
3 moms liked this

Her loss. You can't allow her to dictate any part of your relationship. much less the marriage date

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Deal with your sister but going and move on.
krissy920
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:54 PM

you can just tell her how much it would mean to you tohave her there. How long did you know yoru previous husband (s) before you  were married? Was it a short time, if so maybe thats why shes being so negative? If not use that as an example that time togther doesnt always mean things will work?

CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Nothing.  Just enjoy your wedding!  

The best way to prove your sister wrong is to have a happy marriage to the man you love.  But just to play Devil's Advocate....could there be any value to your sister's judgements?   

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:54 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:55 PM

It's your life. Out of curiosity though, why are you getting married so fast? If you're planning on being with someone forever, why wouldn't you wait or a year or so?

rfhsure
by beast mode on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:55 PM

let her do what she wants to do and not let it ruin your day. My friend got married at 8 months. She's very happy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Is it possible she knows something about him you do not?

gabyangy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Just enjoy your day and Congrats.  Don't let your sister bully you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)