Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To repo, or not to repo...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you give the car dealership your exes information if his car was up to be repoed and it affected your credit?

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 31

View Results

My sons father and I leased a car three years back. We split up about a year and a half after we got the car. I have not once driven the car. The car has remained in my exes possesionthis whole time. I spoke with him about the car before and he had told me that he paid it off. Today I decided to test him. I sent him a text message that stated... "I spoke with eddie from the car dealershitp and he told me that you haven't been making your payments and that it is going to be repoed". He called me and told me that he hasn't made a payment in two years because he's been too broke blah blah. He works full time and makes good money but can't manage his money very well. Anyways, my name is on the car and my credit has probably gone to shit. I just called the dealer and gave them my exes phone number and they said that they would have their accountant contact him. I hope he handles the situation because his choices may or may not come with bad consequences. (losing his car). If he doesn't tell the woman his address, should I let them know where he lives?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:18 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous

BUMP!

Anonymous

BUMP!

Anonymous

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:20 PM

BUMP!

catrig
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:20 PM
I'd give them the info.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chris030406
by anonsneednotreply on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Get your name off of it and let him handle it.
Luv_my_hubby
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:21 PM
7 moms liked this

I call BS. If your name was on it they would have contacted you long ago. They don't let someone go 2yr without making a payment.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:21 PM

It's going to affect your credit either way.  Stop the damage while you can.

hautemama83
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:23 PM

I would. But just a FYI, its still going to effect your credit. That money will still be owed, and will show on both of your credit reports. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)