Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there a good reason to cut people out of your life?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

I cut most of my family out of my life for many reasons but one of the big ones is that I was molested by my sister when I was little and when I told my family as an adult they told me that she was just a kid being a kid and that I should just get over it.  At first I just cut her out of my life and then the rest of my family told me that they wouldn't talk to me until I made up with her, so then I cut the rest of them out.  Is it a good reason to cut people out?  Would anyone else cut them out of their lives too?  Has anyone else had to cut people from their lives?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:37 PM

I think thats a very good reason.  Same reason I cut my cousin out of my life.  Thankfully after a few other people spoke up about being abused by the same person my family believes me now(most of my family anyways)

In vain he thrusts his fists against the posts and still insists he sees the ghosts.

jojo_star
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:37 PM

I think that is a good reason. I've tried, hard, to cut my sil out of my life, but she's married to my brother, and I love him, we are very close, so it isn't possible. She's a nasty bitch, and hates me, I hate being around her, she always makes snide and rude comments to me, and is just an all around hateful person. She's infertile, and I'm not, and it drives her crazy. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Well, yes, you have a very good reason!

I've cut some people with bad attitudes and toxic behaviours, things that bring you down and make your own quality of life poor for no real reason. People who don't return kindness and compassion... you only get so long to make it right, and if a person never does, there comes a point where it's just not worth it anymore... you just have to try to cherish the good times and move on...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)