Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would this make you angry? How would you handle the situation?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

My friends kids came over about a month ago.. one of her kids came running in saying the older brother killed a bird in my yard. I was upset about it but the Mom didnt do anything but tell them to leave the bird alone. Nothin has happened since.. Today they came over and her oldest son who is 9, climbed the tree and knocked down a nest and went over and stomped on 4 robbin eggs and the nest is layin in my yard.. Again the Mom didnt do or say anything.. I got upset with the boy and told him he is no longer to climb the tree  and if he kills anything in my yard again then he will no longer be allowed over here. His Mom was right there when I said something and she just rolled her eyes and that was that. I dont know if Im over reacting or what, but Im very sensitive and love animals and my 9 year old daughter does as well. She came in crying the day he killed the bird and wouldnt talk to him for about a week.. luckily she isnt here today so she didnt see it.. How would you handle this? Am I right for being so upset about it?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this
No you're in the right! I would have also said you can clean that up.to the 9 year old.
hautemama83
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Wtf....your friend needs to start parenting. I'd be pissed if my own kid did the, never mind someone elses kid. 

MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. Kids that kill animals have social and behavior disorders later on, it's a sign of a serious problem. Many serial killers spent time hurting and killing animals when they were children. I don't take it lightly.
RaisinGirl78
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Serial killers often start as little kids purposely killing animals for fun. I would be worried. How good of a friend is she?
orliesmom
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:45 PM

That kid has some problemsthat neeed to be addressed

annas_momma
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this
After the first time he would have been banned from my house for a month. After what he did this time, he would no longer be allowed to come over at all. And mom should really have him evaluated as well. That's so sick shit.
mybabiesmama916
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:46 PM

yea your right your friend is raising a killer, what a horrible kid.

mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:46 PM
I would have told them to leave and never to come back. I'd tell my friend to get their kid under control before he ends up in jail.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bigmetalchicken
by Emerald Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have looked right at the mother and told her if she refused to control her little psychopath, she needed to take him home

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Quoting MommyAddie:

Yes. Kids that kill animals have social and behavior disorders later on, it's a sign of a serious problem. Many serial killers spent time hurting and killing animals when they were children. I don't take it lightly.

This came to my mind.. hes a great kid all the way around but this... ughh I just dont know what to do. We are moving to a different town 45 minutes away soon, and if I said anything to her shed blow it up and cause a bunch of drama.. so I guess Ill just try avoiding inviting her kids over until we move? I dont know

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)