Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You are not really an adult until after the age of 25

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies
1 mom liked this
Medically speaking, you brain is not developed until age 25. Looking back, I made most of my big life mistakes BEFORE this age, and they were mistakes that would affect the rest of my life. I was in college and working at the time, but many times I look back and wish I could change a lot of what I did during those times. I don't think the young ones on here should get so upset when people say things like this . You still need a lot of guidance during these years and if I only listened a few times to what my mom said, things would be different. Yes, she stood by me, and is the only reason I even made something out of my life, but it could have been even better Those that argue that 18 yr olds are adults, LOL, no, they really are not. Maybe the law says they are, but not totally. You don't grow into an adult overnight. Car rental places charge you more to rent as well and many places will not rent to you at all. ,
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VarelaClan
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Some people don't grow up until then. Some are mature early. And some never grow up. It really depends on the individual. I got married at 20, had my 1st baby at 22, and my 2nd baby before 25. Now at 35, I'm still happily married and have added 2 more babies. I was mature well befofe 25.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Hate to say it, but I agree!   lol  I just turned 26, and I am so different than I was when I was in my earlier twenties.  It's such a huge difference that, like you said, you don't suddenly see but gradually see.  I have a feeling, though, that when I'm 30, I'll think the same about myself now!  lol  I am so glad that I didn't make the mistake of having children I wasn't ready for earlier than 25, only for the fact that I wasn't ready!!  :)  I don't take offense! 

Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:07 PM

I'm 29 and I still feel like a teenager...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this

That is crazy. By twenty five I had two childrena and was married for 7 years!!

Josie_P
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, I agree. I thought I was an adult at 18 and into my early twenties. But now, I know I was not at those ages lol. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:08 PM
4 moms liked this
If you can't make adult decisions before 25 then you shouldn't be asking advice from your parents because they went wrong somewhere along the line.
starlight91
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:08 PM
lmfao
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I didn't do anything between 18-25 that I wouldn't do now at 26. I still would have married my husband at 18 and had our son at 19. I'm am still the same person just older.
KimmieLu
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this
You're an adult when you act like an adult and can handle real life responsiblities on your own. By 21, my husband was college educated, married, and watching his first home being built. He's the most "adult" person I know and won't be 25 for a few more months.

I also know 40 year olds that still don't have their mess together.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this

You know what, every few years you will look back and say "I was dumb then." or "I was not as mature as I am now." That's all it is. I'm 23 and I can assure you, I do not even think even remotely close to a teenager. I'm sure I will mature as I age, but I AM an adult mentally without a doubt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)