Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

dilated nothing...walked...labor?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
has anyone ever been dilated like 0-1cm not effaced any walked alot and went into labor? if so how much did you walk?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sadiebug1228
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:27 PM
I bounced on the bed and went into labor :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sadiebug1228
I bounced on the bed and went into labor :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ffpm10
I was at a 1 for three months- so.... Lots of walking, no dilating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gumbeme06
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:27 PM
3 moms liked this
Baby will come when baby is ready. Relax and try to be patient
CharmMom1216
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:30 PM
With my first i walked everyday. Up hills up steps. Nothing fast paced. Jus a walk around the block. Nothing. My water broke the day after my due date. Two days before i was at the doctors no effaced and i was only a finger tip. With my second i didnt walk. I had bad pelvic pain. He was so low. My musuc plug came out. I was 2 centimeters from 36 to 38 weeks. 39 weeks and two days my wter broke. When i got to the hospital i was four centimeters. My labor was seven hours. My first labor was 14. I dont know what to tell you other than. Your body workign even u think its not. And being mobile helps mentally more than anything
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:33 PM

I was 4 cm for 2 weeks with continuous contraction 8-10 minutes apart before I had to be induced :( walking didn't work for me. 

Amy_M
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:34 PM

I was dilated to almost a 3 for 3 weeks.  I walked at least a mile a day....didn't help oviously since I was a 3 for 3 weeks...LOL

Pnukey
by Jenn on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:37 PM

I was dilated for a couple of weeks before actually going into labor. It happens when it happens.

HLmom89
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:42 PM
With my first son i was 3cms and 90effaced and i just waited for the inductions.
With my second i was 4.5cms and 95 effaced and i tried everything to start labor. I walked, i did jumping jacks, sex everyday(it was uncomfortable), dh took me on big bumps when in cars, went to the gym and rode the bike, i had braxton hix. Nothing helped and i was like this from 30weeks until i went in for my induction- and the induction i started labor and didnt even know.

This baby i will be 30weeks next week, which will give me 9weekd before induction. The ob said he wont check my cervix until at least 35weeks unless i feel he should check me. But already i have had braxton hix whether or not its doing anything i wont know. All i know is i hve been getting really uncomforftable- worse than my second who measured 1week and hald bigger than this baby who is measuring where he should be.
B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:45 PM

The walking is good for you, but all those go-into-labor tricks are worthless. I tried them all and nothing worked. Sex, spicy food, nipple stimulation, balsamic vinegar, exercise ball, squats, lunges, warm baths, cold baths, stairs, hills, acupressure, spinning babies, etc.

Unfortunately you have to wait on nature. It will only seem like forever, I promise :-/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)